Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/14 at 12:14:34

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
SE34I.3 On Waiting List (Read 11644 times)
marky
Seasoned Member

Re: SE34I.3 On Waiting List
Reply #60 - 03/06/13 at 21:46:43

Just read your first post on this thread Greg. Very good of Steve to chat about volume levels, which are topical for recent weeks posts in the" How much power is enough" thread.
Bang on from Steve.

IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #61 - 03/22/13 at 18:46:34

Well I saw that there was movement on the waiting list and I am getting near the point where the amp was gonna get built.  I've been stewing for weeks now about the potential lack of volume I'd be getting w/ the Rachael,  and I really want to be one and done for life on this amp purchase.  So I called Steve today.  My only concern w/ not getting the Rachael and going w/ the Torii lll instead was losing the SET sound in the mid range,  he said I would not lose anything there.  The Rachael is more forgiving of bad recordings but that's it.  the Torii is more accurate but has the treble controls to tame extra brightness. Has the SET sound, plus the obvious, 25watts.  So, long story short,  he switched my order to the Torii MK lll  w/ jupiter caps.  Gonna cost more,  but I feel much better now knowing there's no chance of regretting not doing it now, rather than later.   Now all I gotta do is explain all this to the War Department  ;) and hope she'll understand the added expense. Wish me luck!.  I think she'll understand.  ;D

« Last Edit: 03/22/13 at 18:49:35 by Greg12 »  

Torii MkIII, DM945/Companion Bass cabinet, Oppo 105
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #62 - 03/22/13 at 19:36:59

Greg you've made a great choice.  I as well wanted to be one and done in amp buying and I've had the Torii MKIII for just under a year.  It will blow you away and it keeps getting better and better.  A good amount of tubes to swap but not so many that it's overwhelming.  With great sources and interconnects you truly can't go wrong with this amp. The only negative is now I've also bought the CSP2+ and the ZP3 and numerous DECWARE interconnects because of the great quality and logical prices.

JD

IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #63 - 03/22/13 at 20:24:54

Thanks JD!

Torii MkIII, DM945/Companion Bass cabinet, Oppo 105
  IP Logged
P K

Reply #64 - 07/12/13 at 19:26:44

SE34I.3 versus a Mini Torii?

It seems that a Mini Torii has a better chance of taming a bright high end (due to tube rolling and the treble adjustment).

But does the SE34I.3 some better (all things being equal)?

Also, will you save money on replacement tubes as the MINI Torii tubes are reported to last much longer.

Any comments?

IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #65 - 02/09/14 at 11:35:48

Tomorrow my Racheal arrives , ordered it without tubes God knows I have enough to fill this . Been listening to my Superzen for a solid year now . should be a fun Breakin week . also have been sitting on a tori mkiii  which has to go back to Decware to be checked, and maybe partially updated. I have had great sound since my first zen I bought awhile ago . Looking forward to the Racheal vs superzen  listening .

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #66 - 02/09/14 at 11:58:59

Some serious fun ahead! Cheesy

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #67 - 02/11/14 at 20:01:22

now , after only 2 days I know why this amp sits in the Decware amplifier build room.

IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #68 - 02/13/14 at 14:28:30

Hey PK sorry to rain or snow on your parade!!!! Racheals a Diva of the highest caliper....

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #69 - 02/13/14 at 14:39:57

+1

I think I have my room pretty set now and Rachael sounds the best she ever has.  The more you let her show off, the better she sounds.  While my eye will wander from time to time to a SE84, and now the ZMA, she'll always be my girl.

Working at home today so I get to spend all day with her.  My wife has become suspicious.

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Beresford Bushmaster MKII (on 12V Battery), Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #70 - 02/14/14 at 00:20:19

Ok, that's it! I made an executive decision today, and bought Steve's original prototype of this amp. I wandered back and forth, looking at various Decware models, and while price determined one or two choices, I ended up with this amp. I shouldn't say 'ended up' as though it were settling for or something like that, but rather after talking with Steve for awhile, it was the best choice for me. I didn't want a lot of extras, so as it turns out, I got more in the performance arena than the option arena. So, if I remember correctly, it has one set of outputs, a volume control for each channel, just happens to have the Jensen capacitors installed, and will come with a set of 6N2P input tubes. The rest of the tubes are 'stock', and that is fine since I have a few of my own. I actually owned a 34i.1 a long time ago, and it kinda drove me nuts with all of the different ways it could be hooked up and then different switches for tube bias. Then there were switches for the transformers themselves, IIRC, and it was too much for my OCD! This is a much more straightforward amp for me and will undoubtedly be a great choice for my ZOB speakers. Presently I am using an Audio Nirvana integrated amp that is really good, BUT it is push pull 6V6 and as good as it is, I still prefer SET sound. The new amp may arrive next week, and that will give me a little time to break the news to my wife(tomm is VAlentines, so that might be a window). More to follow as soon as the amp arrives. Like some of you, I have an idea what to expect, but have never run the ZOB speakers on a Decware amp. This may be one of the last steps to Audio Nirvana. Kiss

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Cayin cd22 cd player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #71 - 02/14/14 at 00:23:09

CONGRATS! I think you'll really be happy. I have an amp that Bob owned, the very first Torii Mk II, and it's pretty cool to have a "family" amp. Keep us posted!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #72 - 02/14/14 at 03:52:00

Lon,

Good to hear from you. Yah, it's kinda kool to have a 000 serial number amp. I used to own two SV83CS? mono amps., number 1 and 2. They were unforgettable, which brings me back to here. BTW, I meant to say that this new amp will have one set of INPUTS, well, I guess it does have one set of outputs too, heh heh. Still warming up the wife subliminally. It's a hurdle I tell ya.

mad_dr-1.jpg

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Cayin cd22 cd player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #73 - 02/15/14 at 12:01:56

I have noticed a marked improvement of the Racheal over the superzen . So I have some questions about this . Does the EL34 in triode sound better or react better to the triode mode, than the 6p15ev?  Does having a input tube for each output tube do a better job of sound , noticed you went to this with the Racheal and ZMA. Would it improve the superzen to have a input tube  for each output tube??? Does the Hazen , CCE mod work better with the EL34 than the 6p15ev ?  Or am I just hearing one amp that's 3x  the power ?

« Last Edit: 02/15/14 at 13:44:51 by jameskk »  
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #74 - 02/15/14 at 12:38:59

I don't currently have either the zen or the ZMA.  I heard them at zenfest and really liked them both. To keep my comments brief I liked the clarity and soundstage of the zen and the richness of the ZMA.  

I get to hear them now because I get together with another decware afficianado and he has both. We haul gear over to each other's house and mix systems.  

Tomorrow I am going to be listening to the ZMA to see just how zen it is. Last time I heard it I listened mostly to how full and rich the notes were. It was remarkable.

Still for my situation and room Rachael is very very good.  I will own or build a little zen amp some day. It will either be a second system amp or my desktop amp.  ZMA if I win the lottery.

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Beresford Bushmaster MKII (on 12V Battery), Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print