Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/26/14 at 00:48:42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
ZSTAGE availability & technical question (Read 13127 times)
clowkoy

Re: ZSTAGE availability & technical question
Reply #45 - 08/14/12 at 20:16:32

Good news is Steve will pay shipping both ways. Plus the lifetime warranty.

IP Logged
meraklya
Verified Member

Reply #46 - 09/01/12 at 21:39:53

Great service! I'd like to thank Sarah, Steve and others. Shipping was covered both ways, tho I would have been more than willing to cover one direction. The ZSTAGE came back in perfect shape. It is currently paired with a Dayton audio Class T amplifier ($89). I am listening to some Tarrega guitar tunes right now and the sound is sick & paranormal...!

Decware SE84ZS, Yamaha AS2000 as phonostage/pre, Rega RP6, Teac UD-501 DSD DAC, MacBook Pro/Audirvana Plus, Yamaha CD-S1000 for SACD, Focal 806v
  IP Logged
meraklya
Verified Member

Reply #47 - 09/06/12 at 19:37:03

The ZSTAGE is back to its regular duty as a tube pre for Harman Kardon HK990. In the same function, The Yaqin is like a comfy wool blanket whereas the ZSTAGE is incredibly transparent and injects just the right amount of tube warmth. It is four times more expensive than the Yaqin but worth it.

By the way, anything past 1 on the dial will cause audible distortion.
Not a big deal as with this amplifier, I have no need to add gain.

Decware SE84ZS, Yamaha AS2000 as phonostage/pre, Rega RP6, Teac UD-501 DSD DAC, MacBook Pro/Audirvana Plus, Yamaha CD-S1000 for SACD, Focal 806v
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #48 - 09/06/12 at 19:43:14

What tube are you using in the ZStage? I don't think it should distort so early. A 12AU7 shouldn't do this. A 12AX7 might.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
meraklya
Verified Member

Reply #49 - 09/06/12 at 20:12:20

It's the included tube (made in Czechoslovakia), I'll check which type it is when I get home... though I don't think it has anything to do with the tube, rather I am guessing it's the input sensitivity of HK's RCA inputs...? I was able to dial the gain all the way to the right with the Dayton Class T amplifier with no distortion.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #50 - 09/06/12 at 20:14:49

Hmmmm. . . yes it does sound as if it's the input sensitivity of the HK. Probably is a 12AU7 tube, that seems to be the supplied tube. Well, as long as you have enough gain. Glad you are enjoying the sound so much! Also glad that the ZStage is better than the Yaquin. Wink

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print