Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Mapleshade racks?
Reply #30 - 01/20/13 at 01:52:38

I love your thinking, Lon.  Way to go!

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #31 - 01/20/13 at 13:58:04

Well, I don't do pictures any longer. I'm not good at it, and I lost the software for my camera and can't seem to load pictures into the iMac and just don't care enough about pictures to correct that.

I have it set up with the V.2 on the left with the Torii Mk III on top, the PWD and PWT and Denon DCD-A100 on the other shelves. Then to the right is the V.3 with the TV and RP3 on top, the CSP2+ and ZP3 and BDP-5000ES on the middle shelf. On the bottom shelf I have the Power Plant Premier and the DVR.

All components are on maple platforms except the ZP3 and CSP2+ which are on the Decware stands.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
limahuli
Verified Member

Reply #32 - 01/23/13 at 20:32:12

so...got my V.1 issues sorted out. I was having some problems with footfall noise with the turntable on the top shelf. Blu-Tack under the TT helped a bit, but I was unsatisfied with the isolation when I played LPs.

Recent discovery: rubber washers that fit the Mapleshade steel supports perfectly: Pasco 2208 1.5 by 1.25-Inch Rubber Slip Joint Washer. Can't post links yet but if you're interested, search that on Amazon.

I have a feeling they're cheaper elsewhere but I'm impatient. I ordered some today to test them out.

I'm putting these under the top cap nuts supporting the shelf upon which my turntable rests. Details on the results next week....maybe some photos, too.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #33 - 01/23/13 at 22:43:12

Glad you have your rack up! Sorry about the footfall thing. I have it too, when I use one set of footers under the Rega (Ingress Audio Rollerblocks). Great sound, but the footfall problem. Using another type of footer (Herbie's Audio Tall Tenderfoot) no footfall problem, sound is very good, just a shade darker and less open. The Rollerblocks are never going to be free of the issue; their design means they move.

I love the brass and maple connection and wouldn't really want to add rubber. . . . But if it works, then it works! Let us know.

« Last Edit: 01/23/13 at 23:14:05 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #34 - 01/23/13 at 23:27:42

Lon,
I'd put the tenderfeet (footsise?) under the Rollerblocks. The best of both worlds!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #35 - 01/23/13 at 23:40:07

No, that won't work. . . neither will the reverse. Would be interesting. No matter what the rollerblocks are on or what's on them (unless quite heavy) there's going to be lateral motion.The Tenderfeet are there most often.

« Last Edit: 01/23/13 at 23:41:17 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print