ERR vs HDT MKII (Read 3958 times)
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: ERR vs HDT MKII
Reply #15 - 03/14/12 at 17:37:53

Ha Ha!  Sorry, I learned my portuguese in S. Paulo, and it's been a while now.  Welcome to the forum.

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #16 - 03/14/12 at 17:54:40

Steve no longer "makes" the HR-Ones (1)s but they are made by Bob (Zygi) so they're still sort of in the family and available! You can contact Bob about the HR speakers at:

sales@turningpointaudio.com

I would NOT in any way shape or form say that the ERR imgaing is lacking in specificity! The whole presentation is different, but there's no disappointment in imaging, if anything it's "expanded."

« Last Edit: 03/14/12 at 18:31:37 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 03/14/12 at 18:41:23

Ricardojoa,

I think the advantage of the ERR is that it images well and sounds great in more rooms, requiring less, or no treatment to get good imaging! With proper placement and with good gear in front of it, you will very likely get great imaging from the ERR.

« Last Edit: 03/14/12 at 19:19:17 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #18 - 03/14/12 at 19:48:09

Ah, good point on the imaging...however for some reason with crappy SS (mid-fi) gear the image can sound a bit contrived. This is probably only due to the fact that SS does not image like a Decware amp.

Lon makes a good point about the ERR's imaging ability. They are very pin point/focused and expanded both. Some speakers that use a omni type high frequency drivers do have that "singers mouth is wider that the speaker" effect, not so with the ERR's.

The best part about the ERR's, and I've said this many times, you can place them at arms length on both side of the listening chair, close enough for a drink to be set on top of them, and you would never know they weren't 6 feet in front of you. You can also place them 6 feet in front of you and 1-1/2 to 2 feet apart and think they were in the normal listening triangle most of us use as a set up. Bass issues would be just like any speaker if they were placed to close to the room boundaries. Other than that, placement is much more forgiving than any other speaker Decware sells.

Fireblade. The DM945 falls in the flood light category. They are as smooth as silk, yet still convey enough detail not to feel like any is lacking. Yet a not so good CD can sound real good as well, at least enjoyable. Bass is adequate for such a small speaker.

Ricardojoa, The HR-One's will be available soon on the Decware site. The retail will be close to $4800.00 however. Steve has the page, sort of done except my prose, but I was waiting until I got a little more caught up before sending it to him. Then when his dad got sick, I figured if I didn't give it to him, he wouldn't spend the time on it, he had enough to think about.  Soon, I hope.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Ricardojoa
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 03/14/12 at 22:06:49

Can't wait too see the hr1 page up, at least to know the construction and design.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #20 - 03/15/12 at 01:32:16

I have lust in my heart for a pair of HR-1's in RED. Jimmy Carter would be proud.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #21 - 03/15/12 at 03:57:52

Donnie,

You would have to paint them yourself so they would match the "Infamous RED TORII" I don't think you could get that color just anywhere.

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print