Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/21/14 at 09:53:18

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print
NEW SE34I.3 coming soon! (Read 33503 times)
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Re: NEW SE34I.3 coming soon!
Reply #75 - 02/17/12 at 08:22:12

That is really beautiful Steve. But dang, I actually cannot even make an excuse to order it.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
markv
Verified Member

Reply #76 - 02/17/12 at 11:30:44

Steve -

Add to Cart is not working for this amp - can't order.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #77 - 02/17/12 at 11:37:01

I thought that it would be using the 12AU7? I guess the 6N1P was settled on instead.

I like the product page a lot, and showing the amp in its different configurations is extremely helpful.  Now go do that to the other amp pages.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #78 - 02/17/12 at 12:47:01

Add to Cart may have been repaired. At least it's working for me now, I played around with it and it functioned as expected (unfortunately I'm not buying an amp, but tested the buttons).

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #79 - 02/17/12 at 12:55:29

Rivieraranch wrote on 02/17/12 at 11:37:01:
I thought that it would be using the 12AU7? I guess the 6N1P was settled on instead.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Firesign Theater concepts: "Everything you know is wrong." Smiley

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #80 - 02/17/12 at 13:03:33

Before this thing was introduced I was leaning towards a set of SE84ZSM monoblocks but now I am not so sure.

I would not be comfortable with using this "Rachel" as a power amp wide open with no volume control. Right now my Mini Torii connected to the CSP2+. When the volume on the MINI is wide open I hear some noise that is not audible when the volume controls are lower; thus the ability to ride the gain between preamp and amp is necessary not only for greater versatility but to avoid any noise.

Other than 6 watts what are the differences in sound/performance between the Rachel and the Zen monoblocks?

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #81 - 02/17/12 at 13:07:51

My guess, based on the experience I had with the Select and the Integrated.2, is that the Monoblocks will be more brutally honest as far as detail and specificity of stage and image, and the new Integrated will be just a hair more forgiving (and what some might call "musical").

Just my educated guess.

IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #82 - 02/17/12 at 14:03:00

I'm a little disappointed with no 12au7 as I have a bunch of nice E80CC here that made my mini-Torii shine. Oh well.

I might consider using amp version with zodiac gold still.

IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #83 - 02/17/12 at 15:44:12

Ok, I need to digest this (after all, I'm still theoretically able to swap my current Mini-Tori order for this one ...)

SE34i.3 PROS:  Triode sound, more output power, meters and looks

Mini-Torii PROS:  Better stock features (tube voltage regulation, preamp outputs, 2 volume controls, 2 pairs of inputs, smaller size, higher bass dampening, tube rolling platform with much more compatible alternatives)  

From this, I can only miss the Triode sound and maybe the meters, as everything else, to me, is irrelevant:  Looks are not that far from the Mini; the extra power is not required in my case; I do need the Pre-Outs and a 2nd pair of inputs come in handy; a tighter bass is important in my listening taste.

In addition, I was able to squeeze-in the last discount coupon of $200.00 for the Mini-Torii.  Not a deal breaker, but helps.

So, all in all, a great new amp, but let's hurry up and have my Mini-Torii on the shipment bay, will you?  ;)

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #84 - 02/17/12 at 17:02:17

You can't lose really. If it were me, I'd go with the Integrated, simply because I think the "noise" thing is a non-issue and I know how great this machine can sound. 6 watts triode? Wow.

But the Mini may serve your purposes as well, and your order is already in the pipeline. The wait is going to be agonizing. Smiley Best of luck, and I know you'll keep us posted of how it sounds when your system starts to come together.

IP Logged
markv
Verified Member

Reply #85 - 02/17/12 at 17:19:53

Just curious, on the original pics of "Rachael", I noticed the inputs were gold plated.  The pictures of the amp displaying with each configuration show silver plated inputs.  Does this make a difference?

Man, this is such a nice looking amp!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #86 - 02/17/12 at 22:34:50

The color rendition on your monitor might differ from mine. I see them as gold.

« Last Edit: 02/17/12 at 22:48:25 by Rivieraranch »  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #87 - 02/17/12 at 23:28:40

I think you'll find them gold, though it hardly makes much difference. On the options photos the amps seem black and white more than color, but the big image that Steve provided earlier in the thread clearly shows gold to me.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #88 - 02/18/12 at 02:18:14

Quote:
My guess, based on the experience I had with the Select and the Integrated.2, is that the Monoblocks will be more brutally honest as far as detail and specificity of stage and image, and the new Integrated will be just a hair more forgiving (and what some might call "musical").

Just my educated guess.

Well done, Lon... you're basically correct.  The simple answer to this no doubt popular question is going to be that Rachael is slightly warmer with a boat load more power.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #89 - 02/18/12 at 02:21:07

Quote:
Just curious, on the original pics of "Rachael", I noticed the inputs were gold plated.  The pictures of the amp displaying with each configuration show silver plated inputs.  Does this make a difference?

Man, this is such a nice looking amp!

I knew this happen....  those pictures are in black and white (with a slight sepia tone).  Guess I WILL have to re-shoot some more color pictures!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print