Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/14 at 14:38:23

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
NEW SE34I.3 coming soon! (Read 27950 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

NEW SE34I.3 coming soon!
01/23/12 at 00:46:56

The original SE34I and later SE34I.2 are well loved amplifiers, but our line has improved both sonically and visually in recent years... and with the bottom of the pile of those kinda cool copper vein textured steel chassis now in sight it was time to bring this wonderful amp up to speed with everything else.

So we've been secretly working on the new SE34I.3 that I am listening to as I write this!  That means it's coming soon.  I'll probably be able to start taking orders for very soon.  Just keep an eye on the SE34I.2 page... when you see the SE34I.3 on there, you'll be able to order it.

It looks amazingly good.  It's physically larger in size.  Still uses EL34's, Still an SET amplifier of course and the same power as before.

Sonically it clearly out paces it's predecessors because this one is "lucid"!  Yes, I stole lucid mode from the Taboo and made numerous other small improvements.  The end result is a new benchmark for the imaging capability of SET amplifiers.  Could be the best sounding EL34 SET amp ever built.

The price will not be increasing.

Steve Deckert

« Last Edit: 01/23/12 at 00:47:28 by Steve Deckert »  
WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: NEW SE34I.3 coming soon!
Reply #1 - 01/23/12 at 02:02:02

Awesome news Steve! I look forward to pictures.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
RFZ_Quest
Seasoned Member

The key to a perfect
resonating chamber.

Reply #2 - 01/23/12 at 06:51:42

Since I was on the verge of ordering the previous model just about the time it was discontinued, it only makes sense to put in my request for the first order of the newly revised model. Sounds like great timing since there is an improved version for the same price!

On the rebound now, as the dust has settled, and life goes on in a new phase for me. I am starting fresh from scratch, for which analog purity through simplicity, and careful design, will be the focus within my new system approach.

Ultimately, I would prefer to have the tori zen for its well controlled behaviour and absolute strengths, however, I believe this new amplifier just may be the ticket for my exact needs with a sane price tag attached....only time will tell.

Get the new amp into my possession Steve, then perhaps I can see just how "exact" the satisfaction factor really is in what this amp design can do for me.  I hope that it doesn't lead me into regret for not choosing the tori zen in the first place (such a difficult decision).  When examined from a pure state of value based on the purchase price, this new SE34I.3 seems too hard to ignore for what it promises to deliver.

Of course this is your preliminary "teaser" phase for simply making the product introduction become a reality.  As a seasoned veteran in audio, and a long time experienced user of decware products, I have already surmised that this amp design will be all that one could expect from its given parameters, in a very positive manner...one which is in direct consideration for the designer's track record for which there is no question.  I for one have no need to question what has been proven over and over again.  I see this as the best (performance-versus-price) target, for which seems to me as the best buy in your amplifier line-up.

The bottom line is this....once the exact details are released on the revised design, I for one will know exactly what to expect once it comes time to place that order.  I hope that this information is posted soon as I am curious.  In the meantime...I shall take my place in line to acquire the new SE34I.3 when available.

Thanks for all your creative contributions leading to a refined audio experience. Once again, you have proven zero bounderies for that which is possible "outside of the box".  It is very much appreciated.

Looking forward to having this amp powering my new system.

Paul.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/23/12 at 11:43:27

Any word on whether it has tube voltage regulation?

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #4 - 01/23/12 at 19:00:24

Gee Mr. Deckert, you told me it would be ready sometime in spring?  I guess it may come up earlier than you thought at the time?  

If it incorporates power regulation for both input and output stages, like the Mini Torii, and being sonically superior to it's predecessor, and a SET (with two more Watts/c), should I go back to my original choice and change my pending order on the Mini?

How do you compare these two niches in your product line?  I guess the Mini has more slam and bass control, whereas the integrated will display more midrange transparency and detail? (triode vs pentode).  If this is true, jazz and classical orchestral music (as opposed to acoustical and classical chamber music) would benefit more from the Mini?

Anyway, congrats on the new design! ... I guess my purchase timing was just not the best.  Being so far away from Peoria makes swapping/2nd market alternatives very difficult, that's why I'm asking.  I need to have a keeper.  Take care ...

Laptop-Foobar2000-Wasapi Ev//WD 1.5Tb HDD//Audioquest Forest USB cbls//HRT MS II+ USB-DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish P. Cord
  IP Logged
markv
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/24/12 at 17:22:17

This morning I took a look at the SE34I.2 product page and saw a notice that the new model SE34I.3 was coming soon in March and that we could soon pre-order will a "possible" discount!

I thought this look strange at first - why discount a new product which is already priced low?  But who am I to argue  ;).

Anyway, I take a peek later on and notice the blurb about the SE34I.3 is gone.  Hope this wasn't a hacker having some fun with us!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #6 - 01/24/12 at 17:34:41

Blurb is there now. Not unprecedented in Decware-land to have discounts on a new product, this has happened more than once, doubt it is a hacker!

« Last Edit: 01/24/12 at 18:06:45 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 01/24/12 at 22:42:03

The MINI TORII, too, was introduced initially at a Godfather price.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #8 - 01/25/12 at 08:07:22

Heck, I own two now. At 1295? I am bringing this one into the stable too-riding her hard and putin' her away wet.  LUCID mode on a EL34 and probably some tube regulation..... . I think I will like it too.  -Stone

« Last Edit: 01/25/12 at 08:12:35 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 01/25/12 at 12:41:03

There is not going to be any tube regulation on this one.

IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #10 - 01/25/12 at 13:04:22

I'm also one of those looking forward to the new amp!

Smiley

I have plenty of preamp tubes from the ECC88/6DJ8 family to play with and am looking to a new SET amp which uses those tubes.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #11 - 01/25/12 at 13:14:57

At least no tube rectification specifically mentioned so far.

I must say though that having a solid state rectifier in this is in effect a plus. Steve nailed the choice here, and you don't have to wonder "what will the amp sound like with this tube," which is a diversion and distraction at times from enjoying the amp as it is.

I never once missed a tube rectifier with my .2, that aspect was just covered perfectly.

« Last Edit: 01/25/12 at 13:15:32 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #12 - 01/25/12 at 13:40:25

Lord Soth, If you get one of the Integrateds, be sure to try the 6N2P in that input position. Reallly interesting tube for this amp, I loved the combination. You lose some headroom though, so if you need all the power, not the best choice.

« Last Edit: 01/25/12 at 13:40:51 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #13 - 01/25/12 at 15:11:33

Hi Lon,

Thanks for the headsup.

I've never played with 6N2s before.
Will get a couple from my favourite Russian Tube supplier just for the fun of it.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #14 - 01/25/12 at 15:26:56

Steve himself was the one who got me to try them. The one caveat is that these can be prone to hum or because of their lower output can pass on hum. If you can talk your supplier into sending the quietest ones it might help. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print