Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/31/14 at 17:41:21

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Help me validate Decware Amp and Speaker (Read 8548 times)
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Help me validate Decware Amp and Speaker
Reply #15 - 06/14/12 at 16:00:22

I have not heard the DACs you are interested in. Have you checked out.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/

Lots of information on DACs.

Also extensive reviews here:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net.au/

I use an open box Tranquility DAC and see no reason to look further at this point. It seems equal to my Decware gear. Cables up the price though, and  good cables matter.

With Decware amps and speakers, it becomes quite clear that the source is super important. It is the beginning of the sound and if it degrades the music from the onset, the amp and speakers will definitely reflect this.

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
ThorSevan
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 06/14/12 at 22:07:01

Thanks! It's not quite clear on their website, is the W4S DAC-1 (DAC1) an USB dac I can just plug in to my laptop?

Cheers
Sev

IP Logged
ThorSevan
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 06/14/12 at 22:09:06

Oh nevermind, it sais it here: 24-bit 96kHz Asynchronous USB input.
Thanks!
Sev

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #18 - 06/14/12 at 23:07:36

I have a Wyred4Sound DAC-1 and love it! It has a little more bottom end than  my dead ZDAC had. I will say that both the Decware and W4S DAC's are great performers. Make sure that you keep enough money back to buy good interconnects and speaker wires.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
ThorSevan
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 06/15/12 at 07:59:22

Hello, in this price range of 900$ should which one should I choose between the W4S DAC-1 and the Wavelength Proton?

As for cables, I assume that neither the DAC or the Decware amp comes with interconnects between them. Can I buy these directly from Decware?
How much $ are we looking at ?

Thanks!
Sev

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #20 - 06/15/12 at 10:53:01

Sev, All I can say is I'm very happy with my W4S DAC-1. I read great things about the Wavelength but I haven't listened to one.
The DAC-1 comes with a good USB cable but no IC's. Decware makes very good IC's and speaker cables, look at the website for pricing.
I use some Mapleshade IC's that I like a lot that weren't that expensive.
I didn't believe that cables could make any difference, and I was wrong

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 06/15/12 at 13:49:24

Interconnect discussion on this forum:

http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1326053557

« Last Edit: 06/15/12 at 13:49:46 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
ThorSevan
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 06/29/12 at 06:29:33

Hello,

Just to let you know that I received the SE341.3 today and the trapezium speakers should arrive shortly.

So I was installing the tubes and I was wondering what is the difference between the 5U4G vs 5Y3 tubes that came with it? I assume I can try both and hear the differences myself when I get the speakers but I noticed that the pinout of both tybes aren't the same so I was wondering if both would work with this amp?

Still debating on the DAC, I was aiming to the W4S DAC1 but this thing looks as big as the SE341.3 so I might desire something smaller for my desk.

Can't wait to hear the setup for the first time.

Cheers!
Sev

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #23 - 06/29/12 at 12:01:41

Congrats on being the first to report in with the new Integrated!  The web page just shows 5U4G as the rectifier so until you hear from Steve or other Decware informants, I'd just use those. . . .

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 07/01/12 at 11:56:56

I thought folks had switched to GZ32 on previous versions of the amp and more than one reported a big benefit.

IP Logged
ThorSevan
Verified Member

Reply #25 - 07/19/12 at 19:54:50

Hi guys,

This is to let you know that the Trapezium and the SE34I.3 Amp have been received and installed. You can have a look at the setup here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thorsevan/sets/72157630655028608/

I'm still missing the DAC and using straight 1/8 to RCA connector from my laptop for now..

It's already sounding great so I can't imagine with a great DAC and after the burn-in period.

Cheers!
Sev

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #26 - 07/19/12 at 19:59:06

Congrats Sev! Just in time for the weekend! Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
ThorSevan
Verified Member

Reply #27 - 07/19/12 at 20:00:57

I also wish to add that the speakers and amp are very nice looking - they are of very high quality and carefully crafted with passion!

Sev

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #28 - 07/19/12 at 23:20:04

What DAC did you decide to buy?

IP Logged
ThorSevan
Verified Member

Reply #29 - 07/21/12 at 07:58:44

I ordered the DAC-1 with the hardware upgrade that brings it to the DAC-2 specs. They don't have the unit in stock right now so I'm thinking to just get the DAC-2 instead.. it comes with a remote for what it's worth!

Sev

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print