Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/29/14 at 05:51:42

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print
Affordable, cost-effective RCA interconnects (Read 16821 times)
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Affordable, cost-effective RCA interconnects
Reply #75 - 02/24/12 at 19:43:40

Fireblade, please see your PMs.

And sorry if I was not clear.

Sad

When I found out you were out of country, I priced the cables without shipping. Still I think it is a fair price as they are even better than brand new since they are partly broken in, and I paid shipping on top of the 129 when I bought them from Decware. Sorry if this "Would 85 for the cables be comfortable for you, and we'll talk about shipping?" was not clear from my earlier post.

But if I blew the English, as I definitely do at times, you are not obligated in the least to buy the cables.

Again, sorry for any confusion!

Will

« Last Edit: 02/24/12 at 19:44:05 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, modded Oppo 83, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PI Audio Uberbuss...PI, VHaudio DIY, Neotech DIY, Cryoparts DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab feet and tube dampers
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #76 - 02/24/12 at 21:18:58

I apologize for the confusion, Will.  I did not know you were assuming a foreign shipment and did not consider those costs in your pricing.  That's fine.  Thanks for clarifying the confusion.  The deal is still on, just let me know the shipping cost (Stateside) and I'll add it to the cable price.

Please check your PM's for some details.  Take care ...

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #77 - 02/25/12 at 17:05:45

For those interested there are new auctions for MAC interconnects: Velvet and UltraSilver + (and an HC power cord).

http://www.proaux.com/

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #78 - 04/18/12 at 23:36:14

Proaux auctions seemed to be out of commission for most of March, but they're back in action, and My Audio Cables is auctioning off two types of interconnects and the HC power cord. I have both the Ultra Silver Plus and the HC power cord, got them at these bargain prices and they're very well worth this kind of money. Very happy with them in my second system.

http://www.proaux.com/categories.php?parent_id=0

« Last Edit: 04/18/12 at 23:36:30 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #79 - 05/18/12 at 13:29:17

I see this on the www.myaudiocables.com main page:

- SPECIAL SALES -
Email for info - myaudiocables@mac.com

3 UltraSilver+ IC $59.
3 Silver QUAD IC $79.
3 HC PC $49.
Burly PC $249.

I would be tempted to try the Burly PC, but I've got great cords on all components now, and cords in the closet!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #80 - 05/18/12 at 20:35:06

Currently the "HC" power cord I bought a month or so back is on my Warwick bass guitar combo amp. I was surprised at what that has resulted in, just an overall better sound from the combo amp.

It sounded great on my Torii Mk II, but I was able to put a PS Audio PerfectWave AC-10 on that which was an improvement.

« Last Edit: 05/18/12 at 20:35:50 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Hipfan

Reply #81 - 05/20/12 at 03:33:42

Thanks for the heads up Lon. I just ordered a set of UltraSilver ICs and CuQ speaker wire from Steve. They should be well broken-in by the time my Decware gear arrives.

Torii MK3, Icon Audio PS2, Rega P5, azur 640C V2, Klipsch Forte II (Crites), PS Audio Duet, MAC cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #82 - 05/20/12 at 03:39:59

You're welcome. Was too good news to keep under wraps. Smiley Good plan: get them broken in before the Decware goods arrive!

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #83 - 05/20/12 at 14:41:53

These are true bargains. I have several MAC ICs, and a couple of HC power cords. While I prefer my Decware and PS Audio cords to the MAC cords, I find I like the MAC better than the Shunyata I have tried. On the IC side, as I said, these are real bargains. I had a combo of Decware and AudioQuest silver interconnects (from HCM Audio in lengths not offered by Decware, and very reasonably priced), but I have happily replaced them with MAC cables.

Regrets for being absent for so long. 2012 has been an, um, interesting year.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #84 - 05/20/12 at 15:38:16

Glad to hear from you Greg! Hoping the rest is pleasantly serene!

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, modded Oppo 83, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PI Audio Uberbuss...PI, VHaudio DIY, Neotech DIY, Cryoparts DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab feet and tube dampers
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #85 - 05/20/12 at 17:16:28

Thanks Will. You and me both.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #86 - 05/20/12 at 20:47:39

That's the Man, right there.  Welcome back, Pale Rider, you were missed!

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #87 - 05/21/12 at 12:25:15

Thanks Fireblade; much appreciated. Good to be back.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #88 - 05/23/12 at 18:20:51

Please don't stay away from us so long! Smiley

I agree with your hierarchy on the power cords, my main system and bedroom system are all PS Audio cords of various types right now, with my main including all cords with "PCOCC" copper, which just floor me in how they sound.

I've one of my Decware cords in use on the TV in the bedroom. I'm amazed at the differences power cords make on monitors.

I put my MAC HC power cord on my Warwick bass guitar amp and it really shines there. . . wow, it makes everything just tighter and yet fuller. An unexpected surprise.

Due to its current special price, I decided to try a MAC Burly cord. Going to try it on the Torii, and probably see how it does between the wall and my PS Audio Power Plant Premier. I think it's likely a great cord, and if it works out in one of those spots, I'll bring my CSP2 back into the sytstem, because although I am divided as to whether the CSP2 in the chain is best for the PerfectWave duo, it does add some special magic to the SACD sound. I also was talked into trying the new Silver Quad ICs by Steve Hallick. If they're better than the UltraSilver they'll be great for the DEC 685 in my second system. And then I can use the Ultrasilver + with the Marantz Blu-ray in that system.

I've got too many ICs and PCs. Not a bad problem to have.

« Last Edit: 05/23/12 at 18:21:53 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #89 - 06/15/12 at 00:10:19

My MAC Burly power cord and Silver Quad+ interconnects are due to ship tomorrow. Which is good because with the new vinyl wing of my system, some more cabling is welcome. And I love to experiment with cabling.

By the way, I asked Steve Halick what the "+" designation means in his cable naming, and this was his reply:

It's a more deluxe cable. Usually upgraded connectors and significantly finer wire.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print