Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/28/14 at 15:33:52

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Affordable, cost-effective RCA interconnects (Read 16803 times)
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Affordable, cost-effective RCA interconnects
Reply #60 - 02/22/12 at 18:06:28

Got it, Lon, thanks for sharing that insight/valid information with us.  I'm about to order one of those three (checking my bank account at the moment, though!)

It should be interesting to work for the dealer of your ride!  I wish you luck in those endeavors.  I just came back from a nice ride on some backroads, nothing extreme.  Boy, I think while I'm healthy I will be riding my bike, so much so, as while I'm not deaf I will be playing my new audio setup.

Let's hope for the best ...

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #61 - 02/22/12 at 21:03:06

Fireblade, if you read above I made my assessments of all three cables and agree with Lon that the Reality is the best for me, but it does take some getting used to in AB comparisons since the copper has an apparently bigger, "warmer" character that can sound a  bit thick at first, but after getting over that first impression, they are big, fast and real. And even though they are "cooked" they take 50-100 hours to fully come out.

I agree the Decware and MACs are very similar, but in subtle views, I definitely prefer the MAC UltraSilvers in my system over Decware, the Decware exhibiting a slight fragility as opposed to more solidity and a very slightly warmer sound from the MACs. The cool thing about them is you can find them dirt cheap on audiogon auctions. I think mine were 60 or so delivered. The Decware ICs are very good though!

In fact, I have a 3' pair fully broken in I would sell if you want. Say 110 delivered?

« Last Edit: 02/22/12 at 21:04:03 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, modded Oppo 83, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PI Audio Uberbuss...PI, VHaudio DIY, Neotech DIY, Cryoparts DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab feet and tube dampers
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #62 - 02/23/12 at 15:08:59

Will, first of all I hope you continue on your successful healing process from that 'hernia repair.'  

Regarding your views on the Reality and Mac IC's, I had read your comments a while back, but was interested also in Lon's views. After all, this is quite a subjective evaluation.

Although I'm ready to get me one of the three choices, eventually, right now I'm not able to spend any more on audio gadgets, for a while.  I had to replace both tires on my bike and changed oil and filter also, so my play money has been spent for now (including recent ordering of the Ext HDD, USB Cables and USB Hub, along with some CD's.)

I also don't need a 3.28 foot length (1 meter), having my MS II + and laptop side by side to the amplifier (current and future), eliminating this way the extra length-derived capacitance involved.  Besides, you both got me thinking about MAC Ultra Silvers again.  In any case, I thank you for the offer and may get back to you if I change my mind.  Cheers!

« Last Edit: 02/23/12 at 20:40:24 by Fireblade »  

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #63 - 02/23/12 at 16:44:29

I get the subjective thing for sure, but Lon and my responses were pretty damned close. I have a half meter pair too if you get interested.
Wink

« Last Edit: 02/23/12 at 16:46:56 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, modded Oppo 83, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PI Audio Uberbuss...PI, VHaudio DIY, Neotech DIY, Cryoparts DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab feet and tube dampers
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #64 - 02/23/12 at 17:04:01

Wow, how many pairs of cables have you tried/kept?

Very well, if you can hold on to them for a couple of weeks or so, I may be able to buy them from you given an agreed, reasonable price.  New ones are $129.00 plus shipping.

It is remarkable that both of you concurred, indeed.  Now, if the real difference is not that big among all three of them, and considering my setup being quite different from yours, I would probably be ok with the Decware IC's after all.

I only have one type of IC's here (two exactly equal pairs), so I definitely need another good alternative to see how good or bad the ones I have are.  Otherwise, I would be possibly missing on the best sound of the Decware gear.

I'm still months away from receiving my Decware gear and have it broken-in, so I'm in no rush, though.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #65 - 02/23/12 at 17:15:09

I will hold onto them for you and if you want them, we will get to a good price and if not, that's cool. Just remind me if you end up wanting them.

I think you will find them very nice cables. I used them exclusively for quite a long time and loved what they brought to the sound. They are after all much better than their cost when comparing to most cables available.

As with all Decware stuff, you pay for it, but you get a remarkable deal for what you get!

Sorry for your long wait for your gear, and I look forward to your responses as you adapt them to your home and life!

« Last Edit: 02/23/12 at 17:16:56 by will »  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #66 - 02/23/12 at 17:39:27

I concur with will that the Decware cables are great cables and feel they are an amazing value. I had them in my main system for years and it really wasn't until I improved my sources considerably that I was even tempted to try others. And the way that wire and components work in synergy it doesn't surprise me for example that I actually think I prefer the Decware cables between my DEC 685 DVD changer and my CSP2 in my second system to the MAC Ultrasilver + in the same spot. For the price (especially the great price I know you'll receive from will) they're an exceptional value. They made me put away and forget interconnects I had bought before the Decware were offered from TARA Labs and PS Audio that listed for three times the price. I still have them, they're nice cables (and I think they're better for solid state than tube components) and I have a history with them and don't want to part with them, but the Decware are clearly superior any time I make a comparison with the Decware components.

There are many cable options, but in my experience you can trust the Decware interconnects, speaker wire and power cords to work very well with your Decware components.

« Last Edit: 02/23/12 at 17:40:33 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #67 - 02/23/12 at 20:38:51

Ok will, let's do it.  You guys are the experts and, as always, I trust your assessments.  What you're saying also makes sense, so, will, I'm willing to hear your offer.  As I said, I'll probably be able to pull this through within a couple of weeks.

(Lon, thanks for putting a good word for me there! Wink )

BTW, I'm about to enter my 5th week on the Mini Torii/DM945's order pipeline, with another 7 more to go before shipment.  Then, there's the 5 weeks or so of surface shipment (by sea) and customs clearance ...    :- (

« Last Edit: 02/24/12 at 10:40:26 by Fireblade »  

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #68 - 02/24/12 at 00:45:23

Fireblade, where are you? For some reason I thought you were in the States now. Sorry, I may have to change my free shipping offer! My bad.

Would 85 for the cables be comfortable for you, and we'll talk about shipping? As far as I can tell they are in brand new condition but with the benefit of being at least partially burned in. I used them as an IC between my ZDAC and ZSTAGE for a while, but it has been so long ago, I can't remember how long, so can't say how many hours are on them.

Wow, I feel bad it is so long until you get to really hear your stuff, but it sounds like you are having a lot of fun getting there!

IP Logged
brownazucar
Verified Member

Reply #69 - 02/24/12 at 06:06:19

Will,

If, per chance, Fireblade passes on the interconnects I am interested and would be pleased to take these off your hands.

Cheers,
brownazucar

IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #70 - 02/24/12 at 10:38:38

I agree with the price, Will.  You can ship them to my importer's US warehouse in Florida, and we'll take it from there.  I would appreciate it if you'd hold on to them for a little while (2 weeks), but we have a sure deal.  I'll let you know when, so we can arrange the details.  Thanks for the offer!

(Sorry brownazucar!)

« Last Edit: 02/24/12 at 10:46:20 by Fireblade »  

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #71 - 02/24/12 at 16:15:40

Yes sorry brownazucar. Fireblade, I can ship whenever  is best for you. No hurry. If you PM the FL zip, I can figure out Priority Mail costs. Shouldn't be much.
Wink

IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #72 - 02/24/12 at 18:08:42

Done!  Please check your PM's.  Thanks!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #73 - 02/24/12 at 19:07:01

Got it, and don't worry, they will be well protected. I made and shipped pottery for 35 years! Just let me know when you want them sent. Almost everything I buy now from tube and cable guys is sent Priority mail these days, so I will pack the cables and get a price.

IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #74 - 02/24/12 at 19:16:45

Great!  I was under the impression you were offering the free shipping within the States, is that still on? Just checking ...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print