Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/31/14 at 19:49:08

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Isolation transformers (Read 3199 times)
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Isolation transformers
Reply #15 - 01/08/12 at 18:25:06

Would you say, in general, worth replacing the original with this?

VOLEX - 17001A - POWER CORD, NEMA5-15P/IEC, 3FT, 13A, BLK

http://www.newark.com/volex/17001a/power-cord-nema5-15p-iec-3ft-13a/dp/93K2520

I would have thought the original would be a little fancier, considering.

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #16 - 01/08/12 at 18:54:56

Ok guys, thanks for the tips.  Need to know for a fact these alternatives are indeed better than the original Decware power cord supplied with the amps.  Anybody knows?

I think Decware's DHC-1 power cable would go well with a PS Audio Power Plant, not to undercut the high quality energy coming out of this regenerator.

For all other purposes, hooking a better-than-standard power cord to an Isolation Transformer like the Tripp Lite, should be fine.  I just need to make sure I'm not going backwards in quality from the cord originally supplied with the amp.

Thanks.

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 01/08/12 at 20:17:49

"Need to know for a fact these alternatives are indeed better than the original Decware power cord supplied with the amps."

They're not.  Save your money.  (Don't flame me, guys.)

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 01/08/12 at 21:56:10

ski bum wrote:

Quote:
"Need to know for a fact these alternatives are indeed better than the original Decware power cord supplied with the amps."

They're not.  Save your money.  (Don't flame me, guys.)

If you've tried them all and know ski bum, you won't get any flame from me. But there is a difference in power quality delivered by different power cords. Whether one can hear it might be a different matter, and whether one thinks it is worth it is an altogether different matter also. But the Jellyfish alone is an improvement over stock with a variety of my headphone amps, and to my ears, the sound with the Decware power cord is quite better than that, and is really only exceeded by the significantly more expensive high end cables, particularly the PS Audio PerfectWave AC10/12.

The stock power cords that come with the amps are standard IEC cables, and interestingly, Decware sells and recommends an upgrade. I happen to concur in that. I love the Decware power cords.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #19 - 01/09/12 at 03:43:19

Thanks to all for your valid opinions. I know this wasn't a straightforward question, as there are too many variables involved.  Just to start, and keeping on the spirit of highest bang for the buck, I'm going to replace the stock cord with a better than std alternative, but not Decware's cord just yet.  Not sure which one at this point:

Volex seems very basic (I may be wrong). The Yellow Fish seems marked-up because of the "Hospital application," which may make you pay a premium just for that.  So, even though there are opinions in favor of both, it's not clear to me yet.  I'll let you know. Thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print