Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/24/14 at 21:54:44

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Why Decware gear over alternatives? (Read 5001 times)
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: Why Decware gear over alternatives?
Reply #15 - 01/01/12 at 18:16:44

Why Decware..........?
SET Magic............where you don't want to leave your listening chair for hours on end.

Solid State.....sure I own behemoth's?  I get ADHD with them though. SeriusXM passive Radio is good with it........and TV or Blu-Ray with visual media holding my attention.

-Stone

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #16 - 01/01/12 at 18:45:17

Rivieraranch wrote on 01/01/12 at 17:40:43:
Fire:

I do not believe enough has been written under this topic about DECWARE's customer service and commitment to the customer's overall satisfying audio experience.

I began using tube equipment in 2005. My first piece was a Jolida 102B EL84 push pull amp. I thought it sounded a lot better than the solid state NAD amp that it replaced. The NAD had fizzled out and I became disenchanted with it. After that I acquired a Jolida 202A, then thereafter a 302B. The Jolida gear was good and it sounded nice, with tube warmth in spades.

In either 2006 or 2007 I bought a DECWARE MLB Headphone amplifier from an ebay auction. I sent it back to DECWARE for some work. When they returned the MLB it was much improved in its function; the work did not cost very much. I recall speaking with Steve Deckert about it at the time. I was impressed with the service I received, not even being their customer.

Since then I have purchased probably 6 pieces of equipment. Through this audio trek I have had many conversations with Steve, Sarah and Devon. They have impressed me with their competence, patience and diligence.

They make this forum available for topics such as this. You can speak directly with the CEO and designer about anything. The transparency of the DECWARE business rivals the transparency of their SE84C+ amp. Everybody is invited each year to DECFEST where you can visit the DECWARE factory. They are not hiding anything!

So when you ask "why DECWARE over alternatives?" This is an important part of the story.  

Absolutely correct, and you did well to emphasis this, thanks.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #17 - 01/02/12 at 00:31:41

Ah! SET Magic. You put it well stone_of_tone, that's just the reason of my being here. Could not resist the well presented arguments in the site (Steve seems to also have a marketing talent), the curious little gadgets that promise exactly what you propose: indefinite hours of great music listening!  Plus significant literature explaining the main concepts to laymen like me.  It all seems to work. Good!

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 01/02/12 at 00:33:34

Jim [RR] is right. A very important part of "why Decware," and one that probably cannot be emphasized enough.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #19 - 01/02/12 at 06:36:43

Fireblade, yes, Steve's Papers/Articles are great and I read them again from time to time. You will not be dissapointed with one of these creations. Sarah, DeVon, Steve and Ziggy......Customer Service = Top Notch.
My SE84CS, now the ZS, amazes me still, 10+ years later. I love the original Svetlana SV83 output tubes for this Amp. However, I pop in a GZ34 rectifier with JJ EL84's to remind myself how great it still is at music making with this tube compliment. I use NOS Sovtek 6922 as my pre tube.  Happy New Year, Stone

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #20 - 01/02/12 at 14:58:40

Hi Stone, happy 2012 for you too. I understand the ZS is an upgraded version of the Zen Triode, but reading the specs I can't find those upgrades, other than the better cosmetic appearance. Maybe you know something that may justify opting for your model instead (+ $200.00).

I appreciate your long history with this amp (10 years and running!), additional evidence of its quality.

Regarding tube roling, that's something I will probably get into in the future, when I educate myself better on subtle and even not-so-subtle sonic differences among available tubes.  Otherwise I would be just guessing.  I'll consider your findings though. Take care now ...

Laptop-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct//WD 2.0Tb HDD//Audio Gd USB cable//Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) DAC//Decware Silver Ref IC's//Decware Mini Torii SE//Kimber Kable spkr cbls//Decware DM945's//Velodyne DLS 3500//BJC SUB Cbls//Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf.//Jellyfish Pwr Cord
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 01/02/12 at 15:05:37

"The SE84ZS is exactly the same amp [as SE84C+] with upgraded internals and in a different chassis."

So there are different parts "under the hood."

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #22 - 01/02/12 at 19:41:27

Hi Riv, yes I was told that by Lon, but I meant I could not find any evidence in the specs, so I guess these changes relate basically to brand names/higher quality internal component replacements.

Thanks for the input. Later ....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print