Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
12/19/14 at 00:01:52

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What Speakers with Your Torii? (Read 5708 times)
Gopher

Re: What Speakers with Your Torii?
Reply #15 - 01/02/12 at 15:01:50

KimKman,

Thanks a lot--that gives me a lot of hope!  As we all know, loudness isn't really the issue with power though, I'm a little concerned about control and ease/effortlessness.  I'm definitely getting that in spades with my 101db, cross-over-less Zu Soul Superflys...  I guess I'll see tomorrow what the VSAs bring.

I always liked my Torii, but since pairing it with my Audion Premiere preamp, I've REALLY loved it and don't want to let it go.

IP Logged
vmax
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 02/07/12 at 07:01:58

I'm still waiting to upgrade, but here it goes. polk owm 1's... and a very first generation sunfire subwoofer that's been redone by sunfire and ground loop issues re-resolved. it's a shame that I don't have some true high efficiency speakers to run with the Torii, but it's a work in progress. I have purchased some plans to build some of the decware speakers when I get a good table saw ($1200-$2000 jet table saw), probably another year or so, don't get Me wrong the Torri can make the polks performs at high levels with clarity and realism, vocals and live instruments really shine through.

IP Logged
vmax
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 02/07/12 at 07:16:14

actually they are polk owm 3's... very low efficiency, can't wait to upgrade to something witharound 95 db efficiency. .

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 04/18/12 at 04:32:03

Zu Soul Superfly. Fantastic synergy. I had my Torii buit with 8 and 16 ohm taps but really can't tell the difference.

IP Logged
Douger
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 06/09/12 at 13:17:44

Tannoy Prestige Canterbury SE, 96dB. After only 2 1/2 days this
is already purely magical...  I am getting extra depth and detail,
and this weekend I am starting to get more adventurous with the
volume and more complex music. Cantate Domino earlier, Turandot now and Beethoven's Ninth later. Awesome!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print