Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: ZBOX for guitar?
Reply #15 - 10/23/11 at 20:51:54

I don't know, lots of possibilities I guess. That Grant Fidelity stuff you'd have to use adaptors or wire in some instrument cord connections. I'm sure you could or would do that. Still, in your shoes, I'd look for a Valve Jr. or a Blackheart combo to plug in to. using your Fender amp for the bass 'n drums bits. Simplest, most tube solution. Yeah, putting tubes in front of a solid state amp does improve. But to me the real "tube-iness" is in the amp itself. Same holds true for me in Audio.

I'm familiar with Epiphone Dots. I think you should get that sound and I guess you're missing the tube amp component. Be sure you play around with the midrange control on the Blues Jr.-- that might help you to dial in the sound. I think it took me a half a year to realize that on the Blues Jr. the mid control is very influential on the sound. I usually had more mid removed from the sound than it would seem that I needed.

« Last Edit: 10/23/11 at 20:59:22 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #16 - 10/23/11 at 21:59:58

Dave Lancaster who works for Decware builds and modifies guitar amps, A buddy of mine has one and just raves about it.
http://lancasteramps.blogspot.com/

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 10/24/11 at 01:31:06

Thanks, Donnie, but I don't want to modify anything.  That is just too much trouble and resale, you can forget it.  I want an out of the box solution.

Lon, check this out.  The Grant Fidelity unit already has the proper connections built in for whatever use you have for it.  Here is a guy demo-ing it with a SS guitar amp.  Although he is doing a heavy metal slant to it, the idea is the same.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #18 - 10/24/11 at 03:54:40

Okay. Cool.

Going to go plug into my Valve Jr. now. Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 10/25/11 at 04:32:50

I know that two amps of the same make can sound vastley different.  Lon, what does your Epiphone sound like?  Here is a guy testing it out and it sounds like crap but he isn't that much of a player.  I mean, B.B. King could probably make it sing but that is B.B.  This guy makes it sound cold and brittle.  Ouch!!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #20 - 10/25/11 at 04:42:41

After the amp is broken in and warmed up it sounds to me pretty much the way the guitar sounds. It sounds pretty neutral, which as I mentioned above means that they can often sound bright with modern guitars.

It's not going to sound like a boutique amp, or a vintage small amp, but I use mine in the bedroom sometimes with my Jazzmaster and Mahogany Strat, both of which are darker sounding guitars.

I hate listening to things on the laptop, but I listened to that. I confess that on this laptop that doesn't sound that awful, and is an okay representation of the amp. I don't think it sounds crappy.

« Last Edit: 10/25/11 at 04:47:49 by Lon »  

IP Logged
jdek
Verified Member

Reply #21 - 10/29/11 at 07:39:09

dfh

wow goldpower levelers.cheap wow gold of the World of .buy wow gold are better.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print