Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/28/14 at 04:30:30

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Randy in Caintuck's listening room (Read 9489 times)
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Re: Randy in Caintuck's listening room
Reply #15 - 05/31/12 at 20:57:16

Hi Lon,

I never really thought about the "manly audiophile" thing, but you may very well be right.  For years, I was a big fan of small, high quality book shelf type speakers because they always pulled a great "disappearing act". I was very pleased to discover that a "man sized" speaker can do the same thing (in a slightly different way) ..... and I must admit to being in love with the dipole open baffle sound .....

But, the WAF just isn't there ..... and that is why Mrs. Randy decorates the first and second floors of our teepee and I am banished to the dungeon .....

Best wishes,

Randy

« Last Edit: 05/31/12 at 21:04:45 by Randy in Caintuck »  

CEC TL-2 belt drive CD transport
Camelot Uther / Anagram DAC
Decware Model SE84C+ amplifier
Greenvalve Audio Type 10 amplifier
Parker Audio Troll Magnus speakers
"Mini Me" OBs - with Hawthorne Augies, Wild Burro Betsy drivers and Heil AMTs
WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Randy in Caintuck's listening room
Reply #16 - 05/31/12 at 21:53:33

It really is astonishing when big speakers "disappear". . . and man talk about full-bodied sound!

It's nice to have that basement room for listening and attending enjoyments. I have been banished to a basement twice earlier in my life, and basements can give you wonderful sound!

The next manly thing you should try is a used PS Audio PerfectWave AC12 power cord on the Zen. I can only imagine how good that would sound!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print