Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: I've commited haresy
Reply #15 - 10/30/11 at 23:45:39

Donnie I really don't have any first or even second hand experience with the Imperials. But I did have a dream about them once and they sounded really good, they were playing at an outdoor party. What was really happening I think that in my dream they were taking the place of speakers built in a similar manner by an organist friend of mine of the late seventies and early eighties, Frank Krenn. So a party back in time way before any Steve or Bob or Steve and Bob Imperials were about, courtesy of a dream. And shortly after that Randy received a pair and started chronicling the sound in his listening-room and my imagination took root, and I imagine these to be the ultimate solution of how to get bass in an optimal Decware system. In another home, I would definitely consider somehow having a pair. I'm not sure that the nearly eighty year old living room floor that I have in this house will allow me to use them in a liveable manner. I might be surprised though. If I were five times the builder that I am, there would be skeletons of ones in my garage. . . Smiley

Randy described the sound he heard really well, and it definitely sounded convincingly good to me. I began to imagine how a pair of those, a pair of ERRs or HR-1s, and a pair of the Zen Monoblocks would sound. I bet it sounds like a holographic musical heaven.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: I've commited haresy
Reply #16 - 10/31/11 at 23:56:09

I just keep looking at this hole in the wall down in my bunker thinking that a Imperial would just slot right into it. I'm also drawn to the House Wrecker if for nothing else than the cool name.
What I have now is sounding pretty damn good, but I'm getting antsy. I read about all of the cool stuff that everyone else has and it starts a "Stereo Envy" within me. I'm just like a junkie, give me more!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print