Send Topic Print
ZENFEST WHO'S COMING? (Read 6961 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: ZENFEST WHO'S COMING?
Reply #15 - 10/04/11 at 03:18:07

Seeing as E. Peoria is a Caterpillar town, ask the hotels if there is a Caterpillar discount on your room. You are going to be talking to a Cat engineer (me) while you are in town. Sounds ligit to me.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 10/04/11 at 11:10:15

I don't think we could sleep if there were caterpillars in our room.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #17 - 10/04/11 at 23:57:05

I don't think that you would be able to sleep in a room with one of My Caterpillars in it! They be BIG!

IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #18 - 10/05/11 at 16:19:31

We are mere hours away from DecFest 2011 .....

I will probably have some zen compatible tubes for sale at the 'fest ..... bring your wallets .....

I will also have a set of empty open baffle boards ( 3/4" ply) that I originally had some drivers mounted in (Visaton B200 and Aurum Cantus G2Si ribbons) before building my new baffles ..... they will be free to a good home ..... the Augie baffles are already spoken for.

http://www.randallrash.com/New_Loudspeakers.html

Everyone have a safe trip,

Randy

CEC TL-2 belt drive CD transport
Camelot Uther / Anagram DAC
Decware Model SE84C+ amplifier
Greenvalve Audio Type 10 amplifier
Parker Audio Troll Magnus speakers
"Mini Me" OBs - with Hawthorne Augies, Wild Burro Betsy drivers and Heil AMTs
WWW   IP Logged
stevef
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 10/05/11 at 19:56:55

We expect to arrive late Friday night, and will have to leave Saturday evening.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Steve

IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #20 - 10/05/11 at 21:04:56

Hi Steve,

Are you bringing your pair of HornShoppe speakers ?

Thanks,

Randy

CEC TL-2 belt drive CD transport
Camelot Uther / Anagram DAC
Decware Model SE84C+ amplifier
Greenvalve Audio Type 10 amplifier
Parker Audio Troll Magnus speakers
"Mini Me" OBs - with Hawthorne Augies, Wild Burro Betsy drivers and Heil AMTs
WWW   IP Logged
dla405j
Verified Member

Reply #21 - 10/05/11 at 21:53:42

I'm coming saturday afternoon and evening..3 until 6 pm????..bringing the wife who has never seen the decware crowd and thinks it must be some strange cult.  Randy, let me know what tubes you  will bring........will send  you a PM later on tonight  about what I'm looking for.....your amp is already dropped off with Steve so you can pick it up.  Looking forward to seeing everyone and checking out the new equipment.  Everytime I'm there I learn alot and meet some great people.
Dave
dla405j

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 10/06/11 at 00:42:17

How late will the fest be cooking on Friday night?

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
stevef
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 10/06/11 at 02:20:45

@Randy,   No I'm not bring any speakers at all.  I was tempted to bring a pair of test boxes, but they aren't ready yet.
I am bringing Buzz' optocoupled grounded grid preamp.
@Rivieraranch, You can stay up all night listening if you want to.

Steve

IP Logged
DeVon
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 10/06/11 at 19:19:16

@Rivieraranch......I am sure it will be going later than 10 p.m. , sometimes goes into the wee hours of the night/morning.  [smiley=biglol.gif]

If anyone is still looking for accomodations we may have a deal for you.  Our friend has a house just across the river (our old one, but renovated now) that has 3 double beds.  He is willing to rent that out for 300.00 for the whole weekend.  If 6 people went in on it together it would only be 50 bucks each!  Email me at dev@decware.com if interested.  He might cut the cost if you cant get 6 people.  It is only 10 minutes from the fest.

Cant wait to see everyone!

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #25 - 10/07/11 at 02:14:47

"We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we are wearing sunglasses. Hit it!"
Well I do have a full tank of gas, don't smoke, not going to leave untill noon, might wear my sunglasses. The forcast is good, I'm bringing all of my digital gear to see if anyone can figure out why I keep blowing up ZDAC's. If I leave at noon I will show up 1:30-1:45 ready to do whatever the hell you do at a "Fest".
Do we race amps? Shoot at the neighbor's critters? Make fun of the solid state guys? So when you see a red Jeep, don't shoot, I might shoot back.

IP Logged
stevef
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 10/07/11 at 02:29:32

I believe this is a no shooting fest.  :).

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 10/07/11 at 16:23:58

I am sorely disappointed that I cannot be at ZenFest this year. When I began making the serious commitment to my system this year, and it turned out to be almost all Decware, this was one of the things I truly began looking forward to. Am going to do my best to stay logged in to the site [even on the plane later today, which I confirmed has WiFi]. But I am still bumming'. I know everyone will, but have a great time. Cheesy

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
stevef
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 10/09/11 at 00:57:00

I just found out what is worse than not being able to attend the fest.  Having to leave early. I got tastes of products, said hi to friends, and the Decware clan.  I was even paid a visit by the new cat.  Then I had to leave.

Have a great time everyone. I'll post comments tomorrow.

Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print