10/25/14 at 16:26:13

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
ERRs Have Arrived! (Read 26634 times)
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Re: ERRs Have Arrived!
Reply #105 - 08/24/11 at 15:49:27

atkatana, welcome to the forums. I have never heard the 944 speakers, but given your target, I cannot imagine a better speaker than the ERR. Of course, a lot depends on your actual room and layout, but speaking only from my experience with the ERRs themselves, you will have all the imagery you could desire, and more bass than you might expect. You won't be forgoing anything.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #106 - 05/22/12 at 11:32:21

Hi PR, that system is amazing!  Can you give me a brief rundown of the equipment involved on how it is all hooked up?

That is if the word "brief" can even be justified with the amount of gear hooked up   Smiley

Thanks!

IP Logged
mac5u
Seasoned Member

Reply #107 - 05/22/12 at 23:09:51

That's a good question since you have had a few months to tweak everything.  

As for me, as much as I would love to have an Ultra, I just can't seem to get past the idea of not having some kind of digital room correction available.  I know this isn't important to a lot of folks but DRC, along with bass management, just seems so critical for HT and MCH use.

IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #108 - 06/03/12 at 08:05:09

Hi all,

I'm getting interested in the ERRs.

I have some questions though.

My current setup would mean they would have to be pretty high up off the ground, maybe 24". It's a tall room - I can post measurements later.

I could possibly stick them near the corners but they would be more at risk to my kids and not really working with room  aesthetic (i.e. wife).

The other thing is that I use Audiolense DRC and native convolution in JRMC. Would these speakers benefit like any other from some DRC in combination with my room treatments?

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #109 - 06/05/12 at 16:42:20

Hiftubes,

its funny, I would have thought Lon might have chimed in here....

I would have to think raising the ERR's 2' off the floor would be counter intuitive. It just wouldn't work.

As far as placing them in the corner, would they still have to be 2' high?

The benefit of using DRC would depend on the room and the amount of room treatments that are in the room. And I guess some personal preference would go along here as well.

In this case, you might be better off with DM945's or Trapeziums, albeit the Traps like a stand of about 18"-20" tall.

ZYGI

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #110 - 06/05/12 at 17:06:18

Thanks for responding Bob. I had no internet all weekend and I missed this one. . . . I mainly read the forum by the ten newest posts, which works fine for me when I am visiting several times a day, but not when I don't have internet for several days.

I agree that the ERRs would lose what makes them special in that set up. Darn!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print