Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/26/14 at 10:14:59

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Question About Shuguang Treasure 6CA7-Z Tubes (Read 24718 times)
kana813
Ex Member

Re: Question About Shuguang Treasure 6CA7-Z Tubes
Reply #30 - 06/19/11 at 03:25:08

PR,
I admire your commitment.

Hopefully, we'll both get our amps this month.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 06/19/11 at 04:13:32

k, did Steve share what number in queue you are? He told me I was 8 out of 54, I believe.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
kana813
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 06/19/11 at 04:43:39

I didn't get a number, but I spoke to Sarah last week and she said my amp could be ready to ship on 6/24.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #33 - 06/19/11 at 05:21:15

Cool. Congrats. What base did you get?

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
kana813
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 06/19/11 at 05:52:14

Walnut.

If I keep the amp, I'll have a custom base made from Ohai or Bubinga.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #35 - 06/19/11 at 13:27:47

Nice woods. So, right now, you ordered it with the standard base? The black figured one, or modern walnut?

IP Logged
C.E.
Verified Member

Reply #36 - 06/21/11 at 03:04:23

Hi All,

I've researched the Treasures many times recently and am still "on the fence"....here's my reasoning:

When I got my Torii III (with V-Caps and attenuator option), I felt like I upgraded for things that would last for a long while. I've posted previously about my thoughts on the amp. The thing that I was most unsure about was how the Winged C's would perform. After break-in (1000 plus hours for the V-Caps), I was smitten. Just to make sure that I was mentally attached to my "inner stereo self", I did an A/B with some RFT EL34's. The result was that they were "different". No clear winner, just different. And NO I'm not getting into a tube review. But the supplied Winged C's were a lot cheaper than the RFT's.

So I guess I'm waiting for either someone to knock me out of the tree, or bring me up some food regarding the Treasures.

I still believe that this amp is the true "don't wake me, I"m dreaming" bargain in audio with the current output tubes Steve provides. He does his homework and voices his equipment beautifully.

Mac Mini (Amarra)>DIY (TDA 1541A, Ian FIFO) USB Dac (Tube Output)>Torii III(V-Caps, Attenuator)>Zen Styx>C3-L Monitors/Model H Sub (plate amp)
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #37 - 06/21/11 at 03:23:33

Steve's been shipping with JJs, which I'm sure are very good as well in the Torii; I've used them in the Integrated and the SE34 Monoblocks to great success.

I really like the Winged Cs as well, it's a great tube in the Torii. I don't doubt that the Treasures are great. . . but right now, til I go to work again, they're out of my price range. Anyoone want to give me a job wiht an outrageous salary? Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 06/21/11 at 03:30:50

C.E.: you won't get any argument from me about how you see it. From everything I have read, the Torii is extraordinary. And I bet it doesn't need any upgrades to sound extraordinary. Still, as I mentioned earlier, Steve offers two upgrades that could impact sonics. I decided to try them both.

IP Logged
C.E.
Verified Member

Reply #39 - 06/21/11 at 03:35:39

Pale,

Ok...maybe I was hoping that you'd get some Winged C's as well and give us some comments?....

How close are you on delivery?

Mac Mini (Amarra)>DIY (TDA 1541A, Ian FIFO) USB Dac (Tube Output)>Torii III(V-Caps, Attenuator)>Zen Styx>C3-L Monitors/Model H Sub (plate amp)
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #40 - 06/21/11 at 04:05:18

I think the Torii ships with JJs, but I have some SEDs as well. I plan to break the Toriis in with stock, and then switch to the STs.

I am not sure where I am in queue. I think Bob is trying to prioritize a number of different builds, including my cherry bases.

IP Logged
kana813
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 06/24/11 at 23:33:38

PR, have you heard any status on your amps?

« Last Edit: 06/25/11 at 05:22:59 by kana813 »  
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 06/25/11 at 00:05:52

I think Bob has to find a way to fit my cherry bases into his workflow. I believe the Ultra is built, and the Toriis may be as well.

I got my other Treasures today. Plan to test them next week. They don't come in the fancy box, and they have a paper label on the base, but otherwise they look identical.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #43 - 06/25/11 at 00:35:41

Pale.... Squeeze I did. Finish wasn't dry enough to ship today, but they will go out on Monday. As far as I know both Torii's are done along with the Ultra.

Steve told me to take a break from speakers and get on the amp bases. He had a ton of customs, which I did them all. I even did the cherry for you ZS so he won't have to wait on me again.

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 06/25/11 at 00:52:25

Who appointed the Shuguang Company as the holy grail of high priced tubes? I frankly am skeptical about the whole deal. I believe that the Russians and U.S. NOS will be superior to the Chinese stuff.

« Last Edit: 06/25/11 at 00:52:48 by Rivieraranch »  

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print