Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/18/14 at 18:56:09

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Question About Shuguang Treasure 6CA7-Z Tubes (Read 22702 times)
Gopher

Re: Question About Shuguang Treasure 6CA7-Z Tubes
Reply #105 - 09/20/11 at 02:40:27

I'm starting to think I may have spoken a bit hastily on these tubes.  They're pleasant enough and a definite improvement over the winged "c" tubes, but they're just less incisive/authoritative then the Treasures.  

I like them, but its hard to say better--its a different presentation.  I'd hoped I'd prefer them clearly and sell the treasures, but I don't think it will be that simple as both have their strengths...

Then again, we will see what additional burn in brings.  Also, I should try other reg tubes with these.  The 0A3s may be calling my name.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #106 - 09/20/11 at 02:44:13

Thanks Gopher and please keep us informed as they sort out.

How much time do you have on them?

« Last Edit: 09/20/11 at 02:45:13 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Gopher

Reply #107 - 09/20/11 at 02:47:35

I don't really know, I took them out for a bit this weekend--maybe 30-40 hours of Isotek burn in time by now.  

They aren't bad by any means, damn good really.  I'm just not ready to pronounce them as slaying the Black Treasures yet, which I'd be happy to do if it were the case.  I haven't had much love in the past for black treasure/psvane tubes.

Anyway--who knows what another 50 hours will bring?

« Last Edit: 09/20/11 at 02:51:07 by Gopher »  
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #108 - 09/20/11 at 02:51:36

Sounds interesting and fun. I suspect that they will need at least twice that with the Isotec CD. My wild guess was that they would need 150 hours or more of normal music to really come out in a big way, but this is totally a guess.

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print