Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: CSP, Taboo and ZDAC
Reply #15 - 10/01/11 at 16:58:03

Well, you may have to spend a lot more money than you have on the ZDAC-1 to get a better opinion on digital, and I would concede it may not be worth it to you. My current digital front end compares to the best analog I've ever had favorably (though I've never had an expensive analog front end), but it took multiples of the ZDAC-1 price to get there.

If you're happy with analog AND you can gt all the music you want in that format (the reason I moved to digital was I could NOT find all the music I want in that format) than stand tight and enjoy!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: CSP, Taboo and ZDAC
Reply #16 - 10/01/11 at 17:06:39

Yes, the digital transition is far from easy, the sound being so different. Good analog is amazing! And as long as it is getting you like it is, why change! Happy listening is the thing!

I had a hard time shifting over, but just got tired of even new records, all cleaned and vacuumed, having little ticks and pops. That, along with the comparative compression of vinyl finally made me look harder at digital. And it hurt for quite a while, but the benefits for me began to outweigh the painful parts pretty quickly, and it is all personal choices for personal needs.

Then the gear was chosen with the new sound as a foundation and an aspect of the choices toward synergy. Finally, the system is tweaked for digital sources, and even though there is always some headway to be made, I love the sound I get. I think of it, not necessarily as analog in the vinyl sense, but more like analog to live instruments in a good room. All considered, even with a great turntable and perfect records, I doubt if I could go back now.

The choices we have in good audio are so impressive. That you could find the old arm you love is a great example! I am amazed at the options these days toward developing a sound synergy in our own homes that can blow our minds and help make us happy! Lucky us.

Wink

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print