Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/26/14 at 00:50:22

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Donnie's first thoughts on his Decware system (Read 9355 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Donnie's first thoughts on his Decware system
Reply #15 - 04/21/11 at 23:37:19

Great news Donnie! With your Wadia dock you're able to run straight digital files from the iPod to the ZDAC-1 though, right?  

Glad the volume discrepancy was cured by the ZDAC-1. Enjoy!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 04/22/11 at 01:25:03

Awesome! I bet the flac files will interesting, and if you are up for it, compare an error corrected Wav or AIFF file!

« Last Edit: 04/22/11 at 01:26:56 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5 and Shunyata Defender, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab isocups and tube dampers...
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #17 - 04/22/11 at 04:25:06

Lon, Yep, the Wadia takes pure digital files off of my Ipod and runs them thru my ZDAC-1. I have over 12,000 songs on my 160 gig Ipod. I spent a lot of nights ripping CD's into it. But it is a nice way to carry a lot of music around.
Right now I'm streaming Pandora from a laptop thru the ZDAC into my Torii-3, Warren Zevon is singing and he sounds pretty good to me.
One thing that I have noticed is that the bass picked up considerably when I put the ZDAC in. I bet it has something to do with the input voltage going up.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #18 - 04/22/11 at 12:51:13

Cool.  I only use my iPod in my bedroom system, to house cds that my girlfriend loves and wants to listen to that I don't yet own.  I store them in wav and they sound pretty damned good coming out of the iPod. The volume is lower than the Blu-Ray source I use also, but in the bedroom there's enough volume provided by the Torii.

I quit using iPod as a portable source. I don't have many opportunities, and prefer to just not have music when I might.

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #19 - 04/24/11 at 17:44:22

The volume problem is fixed!
My wife complained about one of her Waterford crystal thingy's vibrating off of a table upstairs.
The sound gets better all of the time. One of the biggest things that I have noticed is that I'm not getting a headache after marathon sessions.
I've lost a lot of sleep this weekend, too busy trying out all of the options that I can use to play music. As the late great Warren Zevon said "I'll sleep when I'm dead."
My old backup laptop's hard drive shot craps last night so I stuck my new Dell in it's place, the Dell doesn't sound as good as my old Gateway. I'm going to have to get to the bottom of that problem soon. They are both outputting through Winamp, Confusing... I've been confused before, though it never stopped me from moving forward.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #20 - 04/24/11 at 17:50:48

So glad the volume problem is solved! Keep on explorin' and enjoyin'.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #21 - 04/28/11 at 01:20:32

First off, this Decware stuff is amazing me. I really didn't expect to be this happy with how great a stereo could sound.
I've been experimenting with speaker placement for the last few days and think that I have found what sounds good to me in my room.
I've set the MG's 80" apart from centerline to centerline, 34" out from the front wall. I'm suprised in how far that I toed them in, 12 degrees, that is 5-6 degrees more than I thought they would be. I'm sitting around 90" back, also further back than I figured, but I'm not going to argue with what works.
I must also comment on the ZDAC-1. It is the shit! It brought everything together and made my Torii sing. To be quite truthful, I really thought that I had spent $2500 on something that wasn't any louder than a frog fart. But when I plugged the ZDAC in it's place I found the balls that Steve touts the Torii to have. Big hairy buffalo balls!!
I'll have to figure out how to do the picture thing and post some photos soon. Perhaps some candid photo's from holiday, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print