Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/23/14 at 17:25:26

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What cap was used on the DM944? (Read 6552 times)
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: What cap was used on the DM944?
Reply #15 - 02/24/14 at 23:45:19

Hey Kevin,

Right now I'm using Mundorf Supreme in my HR-Ones and the Mundorf ZN Tin Foil  In my dual DNA speakers.

ZN tend to be a little more detail and pretty smooth while the Supremes are super smooth with a bit less detail.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
kevtn8
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 03/10/14 at 04:00:27

Hi Zygi, were you the one that built my passive horn cabinets? I just want to say that the build and finish was top notch as usual. The horn design looks more complex in person than I thought. Anyways, I decided on the Clarity MR to put in my DM945s. One speaker that I'd like to order in the future is the DNA but only if I can get the original Tang Band driver. What driver are you using in your DNAs and can you comment on the overall sound of the DNA compared to say the ERR or the 945/horn cabinet combo? Thanks

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #17 - 03/11/14 at 02:32:30

Kevtn8,

No I can not take credit for those, both the DM and companions are mass produced out west.

In both my single and dual DNA's I'm using SB acoustics mid-woofers. In the single, right now I have to SB acoustics tweeter, where as the dual has the HiVi RT1.3WE the same as on the ERRx's

Comparisons, hard to describe but here it goes...

ERRx Best of the three in a small spare bedroom setting, you'ed think you were in a much larger room. Huge soundstage yet very focused!  Very fast, detailed a little leaner bass but still real good bass. The best bass of all the RL-1 thru ERR's to date. Surprising how tall the soundstage is compared to previous RL-1-ERR's.

DNA with TB driver. Detailed, smooth as silk. Maybe leaning towards a little lean, but for the most they are right in the middle of the road, so to speak. Bass doesn't get as low as the DM without the companion cabinet yet produces more bass than it has the right to using a single driver.

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 03/11/14 at 18:39:37

Kevtn8,

I have DIY DNA's and have put in the Tang Band and then more recently the woofer/tweeter combo that Zygi talks about.

Anyway, my .02 is that the Tang Band DNA has better focus and imaging than the DM945 combo, but the DM945 combo has better soundstage and lower bass.

The woofer tweeter DNA is kind of a cross between the two and I think it actually has lower bass.  DM945 still tops it in soundstage.

I'd like to build the dual horns Zygi mentions as well.

Mac Mini with Adirvana, Onkyo ND-S1 Digital Transport (modified) with linear power supply, iPod Classic, Chord QuteHD with Linear Power Supply, Signal Cable Digital Coax, Decware ICs, SE34I.32, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Power Cords, DIY Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print