Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/22/14 at 09:03:36

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Decware Zen ULTRA  six channel preamp (Read 30878 times)
brashgordon
Verified Member

Decware Zen ULTRA  six channel preamp
03/30/11 at 10:32:38

Please forgive me if I've hi-jacked newly posted information and started a new topic about which the ink is barely dry ...

BUT this should be in the Times ... or the Post ... and now it's in the Enquirer ...

I have a tremendous interest in this 6 channel pre-amp, presumably to compliment the DIY mono block amps you have recently begun offering... Wowzer !

Would love to have a HI FI surround sound system ...with a nice AV controller that supports HDMI 1.4 but doesn't get in the way ...

a dog that can take blood pressure and AC1 readings, bring me food they don't have to advertize on TV to get medicare to pay for,  (and even local wild life or visiting teenagers wont eat) ...

Shucks, watching stealth TV in 3D while listening to Jefferson Airplane singing  Crown of Creation ....what could be better ??

Again, please forgive my excitement and pushy post ... but I really love the possibilities these new products offer...

You can kill me ... but you can't eat me ... I've been told I'm toxic ...

Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: Decware Zen ULTRA  six channel preamp
Reply #1 - 03/30/11 at 22:48:20

I like the cut of your jib.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/31/11 at 01:52:55

The Zen Ultra sounds too good to be true. But it sounds like it addresses exactly what I was thinking of putting together with multiple ZSTAGEs feeding multiple amps for my HT system.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
brashgordon
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/02/11 at 09:00:25

I waited until April 2nd and still no quick link.   Not that I'm impatient ... I did wait until the 2nd.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 04/02/11 at 09:01:04 by brashgordon »  
  IP Logged
brashgordon
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/05/11 at 06:46:32

Early morning, April 4 ...

actually missed that opportunity about 18 hours ago ...

Still waiting patiently for news.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/06/11 at 03:58:52

Sure hope this wasn't a ~4/1 joke.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
brashgordon
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 04/06/11 at 04:23:36

I doubt it ... too much creedence, in the line and previous successes ...

Probably just sitting in a back room making power cords ...
ignoring those of us ... viewing this site ... no worry , no shame ...

Those new speakers manufacture them selves ... ya' know

huge market for cables, these days ...

A virtual monkey's ... gone to heaven  
room to believe... and room  ... to myself

Don't care... if I mumble ...

Was that inappropriate  ??

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #7 - 04/08/11 at 18:41:56

The Zen ULTRA is delayed by at least 30 days due to a paint problem with the initial batch of 50 chassis, which all have to be re-made.

However, I am making progress on the web page and about 1/2 done with the supporting article, so both will be online in the next week or three...

I'm super busy right now, so I'm not going to take questions on it, until after the web page is up and the article is in place.

But, just to be a tease, here is a couple pictures of the new Zen ULTRA, price still pending.

Cheers

Steve  

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #8 - 04/09/11 at 02:47:18

Here is the completed paper on the Zen Ultra:

http://www.decware.com/newsite/paper120.html

May be a week or two before the web page is done.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 04/09/11 at 04:18:52

Too cool. Put me on the list.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #10 - 04/09/11 at 14:07:59

I've noticed that the excellent Sony BDP-S5000ES is being heavily discounted lately, available new between 400 and 500 dollars. I'd wager this would be an excellent model to use with this preamp; it has discrete outputs for all channels that are purported to sound really really good, close in quality to its sister ES SACD player, which I have and adore the sound of.. Picture quality is also reported to be excellent, especially DVD upscaled image. I'll have one here on Monday, though I only use 2 channel audio for video, and can't comment on the surround sound.

I sprang for this because it matches the looks (and shares important design characteristics) with my Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD player, and  I couldn't resist the price (this started out as a 2000 dollar player). I'll move my current Sony BDP-S2000ES into my bedroom system where I  know it will shine as both a cd and video source.

Just thought it would be a good price point for someone interested in quality audio with great picture, and not needing to stream movies, etc.

« Last Edit: 04/09/11 at 14:14:27 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #11 - 04/09/11 at 18:47:13

Started a thread about the Ultra on the Steve Hoffman board to drum up some interest (and there IS some interest!)

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=247250

« Last Edit: 04/09/11 at 18:47:38 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
seank
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 04/09/11 at 21:40:10

Lon, I saw your note about the Sony player.  Do you know of any Sony Authorized dealers selling at these prices?

I found some dealers on the Internet, but they are not Sony dealers and thus the 5 year ES warranty would not be honored.  All of the authorized Sony sites I visited say the product is discontinued.

I'm a little concerned about throwing $500.00 at a product that has no support.  What's your take on it?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #13 - 04/10/11 at 00:10:21

Actually, if you hurry, it's more like 400 or less to risk:

http://shop.avscience.com/Sony-BDP-5000ES-Blu-ray-Player_p_216.html

Here's the deal with Sony: Early this year Sony discontinued selling their ES series from any dealer over the internet. It's all brick and mortar and maybe SonyStyle.com, which shows this model as discontinued. Yes it has been discontinued. I've been told that the warranty is good if its new and in the box and has a warranty card.

So yes, you're not going to get this price from a store if they have some in stock. To me the price is worth the risk. I've had my SACD player half way through the warranty period right now with not one lick of a problem, not even a hint. I expect the same with this player, I'm going to send off the warranty card and enjoy it.

Sony replaced this model in the ES series sort of with one half the price in a plastic case and reportedly with a much inferior analog output stage. There doesn't seem to be plans to put out a new one in a metal case, heavily built like this and with this sort of attention to quality playback. So I'm grabbing this model because in my opinion that's the way to go with players, and those type of players are generally more expensive even than the list price of these players.

« Last Edit: 04/10/11 at 00:14:18 by Lon »  

IP Logged
seank
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 04/10/11 at 04:24:17

Thanks Lon!

I just ordered one for $349 plus free shipping.

I think the Sony will work perfect with the Zen Ultra, because you'll need high quality analog outputs for the Ultra.

More and more DVD players are skipping 5.1 analog and just providing HDMI and 2.0 stereo outputs.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print