Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/21/14 at 13:08:56

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Decware Zen ULTRA  six channel preamp (Read 30823 times)
lovethemusic
Verified Member

Re: Decware Zen ULTRA  six channel preamp
Reply #120 - 11/21/11 at 18:10:49

I asked Steve and he said the amp would work great with this speaker. He's aware of the speaker I got. I think your right though, its really going to have output. We'll see, currently the amp is hooked up to 91db and it clips pretty easily if cranked at all so I know 91db in my big room is no good. The amp is only pushing a 12" MID with a big built in forward and back firing modified tweeter so only time will tell.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #121 - 11/21/11 at 19:29:24

Cool. It's such a great amp!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #122 - 01/23/12 at 21:31:50

ltm, it sounds like it should be a great pairing. As Lon has noted, I have posted a fair number of time about my experience with the Ultra and two Toriis.  I love the combo. Just this weekend, I posted in the What's Spinning thread my experience with having the Ulta/Torii/ERR combo kick the ever-loving' crap out of my drywall and floorboards.

I recently replaced the National tubes inmy Ultra with some 1960s NOS Siemens-Halske 6922 tubes, and they seem to have opened up the dynamics quite a bit. Simply superb stuff.

I have owned and/or built a lot of equipment in my life, but nothing that brought as much pure pleasure as my Decware system. The 69 Lotus Seven comes close. Well, it's second, but it's not really close.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print