10/02/14 at 07:39:55

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New Torii order (Read 5036 times)
vmax
Verified Member

New Torii order
03/14/11 at 03:44:12

just placed My order a few days ago, will make a nice addition to My system...  ;)

IP Logged
vmax
Verified Member

Re: New Torii order
Reply #1 - 03/15/11 at 06:11:00

I've been looking at alot of speakers that are high efficiency for the Torrii, since right now I have a system that's not set up for use with tube amps...

nice to see all the options on Decware's site, leaning towards the HDT design right now, I guess I'll just  sit back and relax until the Torrii is delivered, any suggestions on speakers? looking for the surreal type 3-d type experience, so I can just hear things that shouldn't be ale to be heard, realism Smiley  ..

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/03/11 at 14:14:28

Just pulled the trigger yesterday for two new Toriis. Steve said he had a waiting list of 54 folks. At two amps per week, that is a wait.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #3 - 05/03/11 at 14:18:10

Congrats! Hope you don't have to wait that long!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/03/11 at 23:07:19

Thanks Lon. I have a pretty good spot on the list. I was very impressed by the length of the list. Bodes well for Decware business.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #5 - 05/04/11 at 02:34:31

I've had mine for a few weeks now. Some of the best money I have ever spent. Well worth the wait.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII
  IP Logged
vmax
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 05/04/11 at 17:56:44

I received e-mail notification that the Torrii is on it's way, it will be nice to have a new amp in My system... I don't get rid off things so it will stay in the system indefinetly; btw, it's My first tube amp, really like what's been said about it and the aethetics are very pleasing.....

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #7 - 05/04/11 at 20:03:11

Wow vmax, you're first tube amp and it's a Torii. . . you're lucky to be starting out with one of the very best! Congrats, and be sure to let us know of your impressions when it arrives!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
.:.impossible
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 05/04/11 at 20:44:14

Wow. A six month wait! Certainly not an impulse buy!!

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 05/05/11 at 21:32:08

Probably a good thing at some abstract level. Decware is much less expensive than other equipment we might see as competitive, but it shouldn't be an impulse buy. Decware strikes me as representing a truly zen, "less is more," Einsteinian "make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler" model. Not every buyer is suited to that model. I think one of the things about the wait time is that it encourages scouring the user manual and spending time here in the forums. All good.

IP Logged
vmax
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 05/11/11 at 03:01:37

I received the Torrii and the tubes today... packed nicely for it's journey.  After placing the amp in it place and hooking up the power cord and rca connects and speakers lines, I installed the tubes..  I probably went out of sequence per the instructions, but all is working very nicely.  

A very nice way to spend the afternoon, anyway, decided to listen to david wayne.   After about five hours of operation, the amp started to go from nice sounding with a very interseting presence, due to the quietness and harmonics to 3 dimensional.   I really enjoyed hearing the change, the instruments basically originating from the side and also what seemed to be from behind.

Excelent, as far as the volume, it plays loud enough for Me and even louder than that.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #11 - 05/11/11 at 03:37:44

Ah!  So it begins! You are really going to enjoy your amp as it burns in and settles in and in a month you'll be spoiled with rich seductive sound. Smiley

You've just changed your listening life! Congrats.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 05/11/11 at 03:52:39

Now my appetite is getting whetted. I don't even want to admit to myself what $ I have committed to, and I haven't even bought the speakers yet! Congrats vmax, and enjoy! And please report on your progress.

IP Logged
vmax
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 05/11/11 at 04:28:22

years after some of your other amps have given out, I know that's happened to Me, your Torrii will possibly just need a couple of new tubes, and still sound great..not a bad investmen of $.

speakers, yeah that's something I was thinking about too, I bought the planes for a couple of designs here from Decware, just have to tool up some time in the future to build the cabinets..

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 05/11/11 at 04:53:51

Speaker problem solved. First pair of ERRs ordered.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print