Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/31/14 at 21:01:38

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
VCAP's in TORII MK III (Read 20058 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: VCAP's in TORII MK III
Reply #15 - 04/21/11 at 07:54:40

Congrats! Keep us posted.

Not sure where that link was supposed to go, but it didn't get there. . . .

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
lovethemusic
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 04/21/11 at 15:27:06

Will do. So far the bass is fat and resolution is not good to be expected. The 88 db speaker I have may be marginal but can't tell yet ultimately. Hoping to get higher efficiency speakers if needed. Otherwise it goes fairly loud overall but nothing like my transistor amp did. Break in is what it is. Does anyone else have VCAPS in their Torii III?

IP Logged
mac5u
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 05/21/11 at 01:11:25

Lovethemusic,

There is a new Torii Mk III with V-caps up for sale on AudiogoN.  Is it yours?  If so, was it not coming around for you as you had anticipated?

If not, well then, I think we are due for an update!

Grin

IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

My owner only hears
to 16K WELL I can
hear to 60K!

Reply #18 - 05/21/11 at 01:56:44

FS TORII is listed here as well http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1303931629

Karl is a local friend in Ohio. The amp is broken in and sounding very well. Great amp! Seller just has other projects that are more important right now.

Hi-Fi Gear: More than I need! Not as much as I want!
  IP Logged
mac5u
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 05/22/11 at 14:43:25

Sent Karl an email via AudiogoN.  I've posted elsewhere that I wanted to wait until Zen Fest before making any new purchasing decisions, but who knows....

Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 05/22/11 at 14:53:50

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
mac5u
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 05/22/11 at 15:19:57

Yeah, I did.  Thanks.  He is also selling the ZDAC.  I sent him an email about them both.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 05/23/11 at 23:32:30

Hey guys, there seem to be a couple threads talking about the v-caps Torii. On one ...

http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1305989115/5#5

Doug has V-Cap Torii and used the Esoteric breakin CD most of a few days and has amazing sound when he reported with only 3 weeks play. I decided to check the Esoteric CD out and just ordered one. The following review is an interesting story about the Isotek CD, which is apparently the precursor to the Esoteric one. It is used by Esoteric and Genesis on their own gear and reported to cut massive amounts of burnin time. I am all for that!

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/isotek/cd.html

« Last Edit: 05/23/11 at 23:32:47 by will »  

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, modded Oppo 83, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab feet and tube dampers
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 05/25/11 at 00:57:41

Thanks for that link Will. I received my shipping confirmation today for the Esoteric CD from Elusive Disc. I am looking forward to it.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 05/25/11 at 02:43:28

Hey there Pale, I look forward to it too! I had one shipped form Galen Carol today. Isn't it amazing how connection with the internet can connect like-minded questers and be so useful? I love it!

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, modded Oppo 83, CSP3, TORII MkIV, Morrow SP-7, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PSAudio P5, PI Audio and DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab feet and tube dampers
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 05/25/11 at 02:51:06

Indeed, it is the connection of common interests that is one of the great features of the net. Looking forward to hearing your assessment of the disc.

Greg

IP Logged
mac5u
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 05/31/11 at 15:14:00

This might be the most in-depth review of a Torii MK III with V-Caps so far.  The post itself begins on 04-30-11 but the thread itself, while short, is informative.  I don't think it is the same person who recently put up his V-Cap modded Torii for sale.  

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1283540711&openfrom&1&...

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 05/31/11 at 18:29:54

Michael, thank for the link. There is actually a ton of good info in that thread, including a post by Steve, an ERR owner review, someone who used to love Infinity speakers (like me), etc. This is what I tried to post in reply over there, but I had limits from the Audiogon system (I really do not like that site):

Quote:
I understand why a low profile designer/manufacturer, especially one a bit iconoclastic and with a dedicated fan base, might generate some of these impressions, but in my dealings with the Decware community, I believe these are inaccurate impressions. Many in the Decware user base have in fact been all over the map with product, and some might be relatively untested, but once seduced, stay seduced. Wink. I came to Decware late in life, having been a builder or owner of everything from Dynakits as a youngster to Carver to Quad (electronics and speakers), Linn, Infinity, Conrad-Johnson, Maggies, Acoustats, Transcendence, etc. I had small systems and monsters.

Unfortunately, owning or trying a lot of equipment does not necessarily make one an expert on anything. Exposure to live music, and learning to listen critically, are all one needs in my view, and there is plenty of that in the Decware base. Steve Deckert's focus on live music as a reference point, and his attention to room correction issues, along with his obsessiveness about value, are what got me going.  

I am an ardent headphone listener with thousands invested in multiple amps, cans, and custom IEMs. When I decided to re-enter "speaker land," I auditioned everything from Orions to Geddes to Salks,  every planar I could (I love them), and as many in between as I could find. I heard more "latest & greatest" than I literally could stomach. It was the mating of the Decware Taboo amp with my Audez'e LCD-2s that convinced me that Decware--which I had been looking at for over the last two years--was on to something.

If you are always on the eternal quest for the latest and greatest, the final infinitesimal, always elusive improvement, Decware is probably not your cup of tea. But if you knew the girl of your dreams the moment you met her, or prefer a 69 Lotus 7 over the latest Benz, Porsche or whatever (sorry, personal note there), or accept that the people you share it with are more important than the wine label, or that the authenticity of the musical experience is more pleasurable than the vapor deposited titanium faceplate, then take advantage of the 30-day trial and give it a whirl. You might enjoy the experience. 

« Last Edit: 05/31/11 at 18:37:35 by Pale Rider »  

IP Logged
kana813
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 05/31/11 at 20:03:06

Does anyone know if the TORII  Mk.III that Tone Audio is going to review has VCAPs?

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 05/31/11 at 20:07:17

Quote:
Does anyone know if the TORII  Mk.III that Tone Audio is going to review has VCAPs?

I don't, but I am inclined to prefer that it not. Would like to hear their assessment of the stock Torii. Just my preference.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print