Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/02/14 at 15:24:43

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Some questions on the ZOB build... (Read 12545 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Some questions on the ZOB build...
Reply #30 - 10/18/11 at 13:35:35

'D'   they replace the original spikes. In fact, the outriggers use the same t-nuts that the spikes used. I will probably install one outrigger for the rear as well. I might even go as far as to weld the rear outrigger to the front one, forming T shape that extends to the rear, making a one piece outrigger for the front and rear of the speaker.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 10/19/11 at 00:26:23

I like the stability idea and it looks like you did a great job. I wonder though if putting a steel 'T' crossbar deal will cut down the ability of the chamber to resonate..

Taboo, CSP2+, ZOB's, FRX2's
WWW k919596   IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #32 - 10/19/11 at 04:37:53

I put three spikes and got the job done. No wobble. Rather than doing mods, maybe a "sharper spike" that goes through the carpet  could be a solution.
With four spikes, you always have the problem of getting them to stabilize....  due to vibrations etc , you will find that you will need to tighten them occasionally. With  three, you don't have that problem.

Stick to the original plans....... I have done it without any problems.

shreekant Smiley

84C, ZBox, Ex mod, Zkit4&5.1, Vcap, CCE, Lowthers, CD200, Power iso and other stuff
WWW   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #33 - 10/19/11 at 04:48:32

I agree about the sharper spikes. I will probably make 3 of them for this little project. The last speaker stands I owned had sharp spikes too, and they work better in carpet.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: GRILLS
Reply #34 - 12/26/11 at 19:08:17

Ok, it's me again. This is about protecting the FRX2 from stupid people poking around/standing too close to/ leaning on/raising my blood pressure. Fortunately, I don't have a lot company, but the few that do come over raise my blood pressure by simply being way too close to the fragile drivers in my speakers. I have considered needles/razor blades/vicious dogs to try and keep their curiosity at a safer distance. Maybe grills that can be taken off when listening would ease my unease.  Any ideas?

IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #35 - 12/27/11 at 04:10:56

How about dangling a couple of dead rats  :o Roll Eyes Grin

shreekant Smiley

84C, ZBox, Ex mod, Zkit4&5.1, Vcap, CCE, Lowthers, CD200, Power iso and other stuff
WWW   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #36 - 12/27/11 at 12:26:03

hey....I thought rats were sacred....besides they totally mess up the sound stage.

IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #37 - 01/31/12 at 18:50:38

How about a sign... you break it you buy it... and post a copy of your receipt.

WWW k919596   IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 02/09/12 at 22:22:55

Is there any alternative to the FRX2? Sounds like it will be some time (years?) before I get to the top of the list.

Is it worth the wait?

IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 02/12/12 at 03:58:24

You can get the DFR8's which I am using now in my ZOB's. They sound fabulous. But as stated on the ZOB page with some kinds of music the will need a bit of bass help in the form of a small sub. The FRX2's are supposed to have that problem fixed.

A little bird hinted to me that the first batch of 10 pair of FRX2's might ship around the first of March. Also that I might very well be in the top 10 on the list. Nothing definite

WWW k919596   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print