Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
02/25/17 at 04:43:18 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Some questions on the ZOB build... (Read 2489 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Some questions on the ZOB build...
Reply #30 - 10/18/11 at 13:35:35

'D'   they replace the original spikes. In fact, the outriggers use the same t-nuts that the spikes used. I will probably install one outrigger for the rear as well. I might even go as far as to weld the rear outrigger to the front one, forming T shape that extends to the rear, making a one piece outrigger for the front and rear of the speaker.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 10/19/11 at 00:26:23

I like the stability idea and it looks like you did a great job. I wonder though if putting a steel 'T' crossbar deal will cut down the ability of the chamber to resonate..

Taboo, CSP2+, ZOB's, FRX2's
WWW k919596   IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #32 - 10/19/11 at 04:37:53

I put three spikes and got the job done. No wobble. Rather than doing mods, maybe a "sharper spike" that goes through the carpet  could be a solution.
With four spikes, you always have the problem of getting them to stabilize....  due to vibrations etc , you will find that you will need to tighten them occasionally. With  three, you don't have that problem.

Stick to the original plans....... I have done it without any problems.

shreekant Smiley

Oppo, hdd,84c, pm6a, cd200, foreplay lll, zbox, bottlehead sex amp, zob, various stuff that make up two systems
WWW   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #33 - 10/19/11 at 04:48:32

I agree about the sharper spikes. I will probably make 3 of them for this little project. The last speaker stands I owned had sharp spikes too, and they work better in carpet.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: GRILLS
Reply #34 - 12/26/11 at 19:08:17

Ok, it's me again. This is about protecting the FRX2 from stupid people poking around/standing too close to/ leaning on/raising my blood pressure. Fortunately, I don't have a lot company, but the few that do come over raise my blood pressure by simply being way too close to the fragile drivers in my speakers. I have considered needles/razor blades/vicious dogs to try and keep their curiosity at a safer distance. Maybe grills that can be taken off when listening would ease my unease.  Any ideas?

IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #35 - 12/27/11 at 04:10:56

How about dangling a couple of dead rats  :o Roll Eyes Grin

shreekant Smiley

Oppo, hdd,84c, pm6a, cd200, foreplay lll, zbox, bottlehead sex amp, zob, various stuff that make up two systems
WWW   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #36 - 12/27/11 at 12:26:03

hey....I thought rats were sacred....besides they totally mess up the sound stage.

IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #37 - 01/31/12 at 18:50:38

How about a sign... you break it you buy it... and post a copy of your receipt.

WWW k919596   IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 02/09/12 at 22:22:55

Is there any alternative to the FRX2? Sounds like it will be some time (years?) before I get to the top of the list.

Is it worth the wait?

IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 02/12/12 at 03:58:24

You can get the DFR8's which I am using now in my ZOB's. They sound fabulous. But as stated on the ZOB page with some kinds of music the will need a bit of bass help in the form of a small sub. The FRX2's are supposed to have that problem fixed.

A little bird hinted to me that the first batch of 10 pair of FRX2's might ship around the first of March. Also that I might very well be in the top 10 on the list. Nothing definite

WWW k919596   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print