Send Topic Print
FRX in ZOB  reviews (Read 11399 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: FRX in ZOB  reviews
Reply #15 - 04/04/11 at 02:53:05

Well, I finally got my materials together for the build. Cherry(1 1/2") for the baffles, 11ply baltic birch for the sides and bottom, and solid rosewood for the top and back of the box. I've started to cut out the materials, but have plenty more to do. I know that it is early April, but I'm hoping that the drivers come in soon so that they can be built, and then shipped to me.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #16 - 05/10/11 at 03:31:06

Ok, just to see what happens, let me ask,   Does anybody have a clue as to when the FRX drivers might be coming in other than May? Not that I am in a hurry yet, 'cuz I'm still working on the cabinets and have a way to go yet. I only get an hour here and there with my present schedule. While I continue to build the cabinets, the drivers could be breaking in..... Tongue

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/BESL subs/Emotiva ERC3 CD player/BPT 3.0 power cond. PS Audio P500
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 05/10/11 at 13:12:33

Well,
They are out of stock at Parts Express untill 6-16-2011. So unless Steve bought all of the stock that was to come in May you will be waiting untill after that to get them.  :(
But Steve is the only one that can confirm that.

« Last Edit: 05/10/11 at 13:13:59 by deucekazoo »  
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #18 - 05/10/11 at 15:02:13

man, sorry i asked.....wonder if the source was from Japan?

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #19 - 05/20/11 at 00:28:06

Hey guys,  I just received an email today stating that my FRX drivers are completed and will be shipping soon, maybe even tomorrow! What that means now is that I really have to get more serious in the woodshop. The baffles are cut and some of the rest of the parts are cut, but now time for high gear! Cool

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #20 - 06/17/11 at 01:51:03

Well guys, I just can't sit here and listen to something like this and not report.  These speakers i.e. ZOB/FRX, are exactly what I have wanted in a speaker system. There is the transient response that is spot on. There is also the ambient detail that is no longer lost on my recordings due to speakers that just don't pick it up well in the first place. These things are important to me. There is a quality in the bass that is natural, harmonically speaking, that I have heard before a long time ago. Pretty impressive. I will be brave here and say that when I owned the HDT speakers, I did not hear what I am hearing today. (maybe that's why I sold them). These are keepers for sure. And in case you wonder, NO, there is no shout, period.  nuff said for now....Greg

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #21 - 08/14/11 at 04:38:27

Well, I spoke with Steve last week, and it sounds a though the FRX drivers that I fried(totally MY mistake), will be re-coned soon. This is just an update, and yes, I am very anxious to get these babies back. I know good sound when I hear it, and am not willing to wait much longer. It's been nearly three months already because of parts availability.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #22 - 08/24/11 at 18:52:10

Just an update. Still waiting to hear about the FRX parts arrival, so the drivers can be re-coned. After this many weeks, I am very anxious to get this going. I did have a brief opportunity to hear these drivers, and it is just unbelievable how good they sounded. The cabinets are made from 13 ply baltic birch plywood. The baffles are made from 1 1/2" cherry, and the backs are made from 3/4" rosewood. When positioned properly, the sound stage was one of the best I have ever heard. Only the bass needed a little more break in time before the 'accident'. Also, when mounting the speakers, I used a type of  t nut instead of wood screws. It is worth the effort, since the machine screws do not loosen up and can be tweeked to just the right torque.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print