Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/14 at 11:42:38

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Updated ZKIT-1 Schematic (Read 2672 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Updated ZKIT-1 Schematic
01/29/11 at 00:30:54

We are now shipping our ZKIT-1 with a new power transformer.  This power transformer is the same specifications as the old one, however the wire colors are slightly different so a new schematic has been issued.

http://www.decware.com/newsite/ZKIT1schematicrev2011.pdf

This transformer is custom made for us by Edcor USA and features a powder coated black wrinkle finish on the end bells and considerably longer leads.

« Last Edit: 01/29/11 at 00:31:19 by Steve Deckert »  
WWW   IP Logged
RedHotChilli
Verified Member

Re: Updated ZKIT-1 Schematic
Reply #1 - 02/09/11 at 18:38:07

Steve,

I've just finished building my kit apart from the connection of the main power transformer. I have the new version of the 240 V transformer but what's on the schematic does not tally with what's on the PCB or the leads. I have a lue, brown and red wire for connection to the power socket and then yellow, green, red and blue wires for connection to the PCB.
On the PCB I have (in order) GRN, GRN, CHASSIS GROUND, GRN/YL, RED/YL, RED and RED.

What goes where?

Thanks,

Stewart

IP Logged
MikeZ@turningpointaudio
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 02/10/11 at 13:05:56

RedHotChilli-
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h340/Camelfraggle/IMG_0678.jpg
Here is a link to a picture of the wiring for my Zkit1. I had a black with red stripe wire, instead of a red and blue wire. I wired it up from the capacitors up, RED, RED, Black w/Red Stripe, Green w/White Stripe, GREEN, GREEN.
This is for the 120v wiring. Not sure if you are trying to hook up for 120v or 240v. Hope this helps you in some way.
Mike.

WWW   IP Logged
RedHotChilli
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/17/11 at 20:02:13

CamelFraggie,
Thanks. That did help. I had the wrong transformer - hence the confusion. All sorted now and sounding great. Smiley

IP Logged
Alan H

Reply #4 - 02/26/11 at 21:26:29

If you are revising - why not add the CCE mod to the schematic and supply the extra 2 capacitors?

FLAC via Ethernet-over-Mains
Squeezebox 3
Valab 6N Solid Silver Coax
GD-Audio DAC19 DSP
Decware SE84DIY (V-Caps + CCE mod)
Solid silver / teflon cables
Scotmoose Sachiko FE206En Horns
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print