09/23/14 at 17:33:43

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
6V6 in triode mode (Read 1784 times)
juanitox
Verified Member

6V6 in triode mode
01/26/11 at 20:18:07

hi ,  can i try my mini torri with 6V6 strapped in triode?  how to proceed to make it works?

rohan

moded mac mini / Audio NOTE 3.1
MiniTorii SEX
Avant-Garde Uno Nano
  IP Logged
juanitox
Verified Member

Re: 6V6 in triode mode
Reply #1 - 01/27/11 at 19:17:13

i have tried today by puting screen and plate together and feeding the plate with the tube reg output and swapping one 10K resistor on it.  and remove the feedbach resistor.

the voltage on the plate are now 220V  , the regulator are brighter than usual but it seems working .

the sound of the mini torri triode strapping is very relaxed with beautiful tones , perhaps not as clean as it was before . and a little less strong bass.     i will let it some times like that and return to the original setting to compare Wink

MiniTorii SEX
Avant-Garde Uno Nano
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/27/11 at 19:21:37

I would not have done that. Using a 6K6 tube brings down the bass a little bit.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
juanitox
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/27/11 at 21:13:52

i have done it just for fun , but at the end i prefer the penthod mode in this amp.   next step MKP cathode bypass capacitor ,  MKP 5OuF in the power supply  ;)

i have already made  1/2 12AU7 mode to have a little less gain and swap one coupling cap.  put a Vcap CUTF as the only cap in the signal , change all resistor with 2w and 5w Kiwame,  put off the volume pot and tone control.

i will never stoping say thank you to  the decware crew for all the hours of joy that this little amp gave me Grin

MiniTorii SEX
Avant-Garde Uno Nano
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print