Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/26/18 at 03:39:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WHY DOES DECWARE NOT MAKE SMALL DESKTOP SPEAKERS? (Read 1900 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

WHY DOES DECWARE NOT MAKE SMALL DESKTOP SPEAKERS?
07/08/10 at 13:04:23

While I am a fan of my MG944 floor standing speakers, I was wondering why DECWARE does not make a mini monitor for desktop use. One of the selling points of the original Zen amp and the Mini Torii is that they are ideal for office setups. The lack of a mini monitor is a "hole" in the DECWARE speaker catalog. Is anybody listening?

TORII MK IV; ZSTAGE; HR-1 SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 KAB MODDED TT; AH! NJOE TJOEB CDP; MARANTZ 2226B; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: WHY DOES DECWARE NOT MAKE SMALL DESKTOP SPEAKERS?
Reply #1 - 07/08/10 at 14:10:13

Well, I haven't had an office for over two years, and only had an office for three years in the last twenty-five, so not an issue for me! Cheesy

There were plans on the website for a pair of mini-planars that Steve built and others in the forum had built and enjoyed.  The closest thing to desktop monitors Decware had to offer. Worth looking into. . . .

HR-1,ZP3,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25, Taboo MkIV;PS Audio: Soloist SE, DMP+DSD, P10, PowerBases, XStream Statemt spk cb, AC-12 power cds; Mapleshade:SamsonV2+V3; Oppo UDP-205;VooDoo Cremona +Amati,Iso-Pods;MD90-T SE tuner; headphones: Oppo PM-1,Audeze LCD-2
  IP Logged
BradPurvis
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 07/09/10 at 21:26:30

I looked a while back for those plans and noticed they were taken off for some reason.  Didnt know if a plan was in the books for their replacement.  They were a very interesting concept and looked cheap to build.  Be nice to have those plans.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/10/10 at 03:43:34

I can remember a "small set of computer speakers"  of which one member had posted a picture.  Just the picture alone lead me to eventually feel penitent for having embraced an excess of the sixth of the Seven Deadly Sins (invidia or envy).

If I can remember correctly, he had an SE84CS, driven from his computer some how (soundcard, I think) and a pair of exotic looking (What was it, Zebra wood?) two way Decware book shelf speakers (DM944s, I think).

I want to say that his screen name was "Hotsauce."

I can not say that I have ever had any reason to interact with him, but I will admit that the picture he posted changed my concept of computer sound instantly and forever.

Maybe he will see this and speak up.

I apologize in advance if my memory has failed. It was, after all, some time ago that he posted the picture.

WWW DirtDawg DirtDawg NO! NO!   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 07/10/10 at 15:28:40

Yes, those were the DM944 bookshelf speakers.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print