Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/22/14 at 12:48:24

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lon, HDTRACKS, have you tried it? (Read 889 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Lon, HDTRACKS, have you tried it?
05/09/10 at 20:51:44

If anyone here has tried it, it may be you.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Lon, HDTRACKS, have you tried it?
Reply #1 - 05/09/10 at 22:16:15

In a word, no, I haven't tried it, and have no plans to.

Still listening to my thousands of cds.  Not much interested in digital files.

« Last Edit: 05/09/10 at 22:17:06 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
mike_gagne

Reply #2 - 05/10/10 at 00:18:16

I find it hard to believe they could send tracks of that file size over the internet. Most internet music, due to bandwidth availability and cost, is 128kbps. There are a few 192kbps offerings with a paid subscription and college stations that are 320kbps albeit with unpredictable offerings. The sound quality on the higher kbps is way better than than 128 and below.
I live where there is almost no broadcast anything-TV or radio without huge antennas and a high tolerance for FM hiss in the signal. I listen to internet offerings consistently in my woodworking shop as cds and the players have a short life in dust. 220 feet of ethernet cable delivers it to my shop from my home computer. A Trends T10 ss does the amplification. No tubes. Thats reserved for the home side of my listening. I would love to find better sources but at the price they want per download-yikes. Anybody tried it?

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/10/10 at 06:07:31

I haven't tried it, yet, but I am going to buy one to see how it sounds.  I have WinAmp and I want to see how a FLAC file sounds.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print