07/25/14 at 00:03:10

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My New Mini Torii (Read 5342 times)
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Re: My New Mini Torii
Reply #15 - 07/02/10 at 14:18:39

Seems to be working. It was late so I couldn't crank it, but I'm 95% sure it is now working. Thanks Dan.

My bud told me he had to do something similar once; he grounded to some screws on the chassis. Some both the plate amp and the Torri binding posts all were sharing a common ground?

IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #16 - 07/02/10 at 15:59:31

I think I mis-read your post about the sub's polarity switch.  It will have nothing to do with a common ground at the input shorting out a signal, but if you do have to reverse the inputs because of the common ground then - yes- you might have to flip the polarity switch to make up for switching the polarity of the input.  But in either case, the sub's polarity switch should be set to where it sounds the best.

Dan

IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #17 - 07/02/10 at 16:05:15

I'd also think about driving your mains from the right-most 4 banana plugs on your sub amp, if you are not already doing so.  This will put a 100 hz 6db/octave hi pass filter on your mains, keeping the very low bass out.  This will substantially reduce the load on the mains and will also reduce the (usually somewhat out of phase) interaction between the sub and the mains.

Dan

IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 07/02/10 at 16:29:48

Not sure my cables are long enough by I could try that. Thanks for the ideas.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print