Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/17/14 at 01:56:40

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lamenting The Demise Of The Used CD Store (Read 547 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Lamenting The Demise Of The Used CD Store
01/05/10 at 02:39:05

This past weekend I had the pleasure of visiting Park Avenue CD's in Orlando, Florida, a well-run independent store that sells new and used compact discs and vinyl. There are so few of these places around now. Once located on Park Avenue in tony Winter Park, a couple of years ago they relocated a few miles away. They had a lot of interesting things there new and used.  It was a lot of fun just shopping around in there for a couple of hours.  

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Lamenting The Demise Of The Used CD Store
Reply #1 - 01/05/10 at 03:03:19

I know what you mean.  Fewer and fewer places, and in my experience, less and less interesting to find.

www.half.com and amazon.com market place sellers have become my used stores!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
rmt
Seasoned Member

NIbbelin NFX

Re: Lamenting The Demise Of The Used CD Store
Reply #2 - 01/05/10 at 21:51:14

I have lost a couple of used CD stores in my neighborhood that I used to frequent.  I still have Flat Black and Circular though which was named one of Sports Illustrated top 10 music stores in the country.  East Lansing is a college sports town.

Select, CSP2 upgrade, Dec 685, DSRii, home built Nibbelin NFX w/DFR-8s, Klipsch RF-7, SE34.I, Zbox
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print