Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/14 at 22:37:40

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Ordered a Mark III, yes I'm insane (Read 14147 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Ordered a Mark III, yes I'm insane
Reply #90 - 05/03/10 at 18:35:32

There's a bunch of them. . . looks like the output stage to me. Either way, it's sounding nice today.

zgutsb500.jpg

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #91 - 05/04/10 at 00:30:16

Sounds promising. I look forward to future reports. Do you do the thing Steve recommends for burning in amps....5 hours on and 5 hours off. Seems to be a lot about fully heating and fully cooling the caps to help them seat.

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, modded Oppo 83, TORII MkIV, MorrowAudio SP7 cables, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PI Audio Uberbuss...PI, VHaudio DIY, Neotech DIY, Cryoparts DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab feet and tube dampers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #92 - 05/04/10 at 01:42:39

I do a few of those five on five off periods when it's convenient. This unit so far though I've run all day and had switched off all night.  It's only the third day since it arrived, but it's sounding really good.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #93 - 05/27/10 at 17:34:15

Well, man, the system is sounding really good. Now that the ZDAC is pretty settled in, I find that my Torii toggle positions are back for the input bias switch, and forward for the speaker ohm switch.  One of my best friends prefers the amp exactly the opposite configuration, and loves the sound of the amp as much as I do.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #94 - 05/27/10 at 18:07:42

Lon, that is interesting. I have been wondering where you were on this after the ZDAC came. With the more laid back Rega, I tended toward the back setting on the speaker impedance switch before too, though it pushed some stuff a little hard for my tastes. I did for the most part tend to leave it in the back position though.

The warm and forward aspects of the ZDAC took me off the fence about the ohm switch setting though. I am running it forward about all the time now too, and I mostly keep the bias switch back as you do. But since I toned down my speakers and room, I do like the warm (forward) bias setting for some stuff. It is a trip!

Mac mini, Tranquility DAC, modded Oppo 83, TORII MkIV, MorrowAudio SP7 cables, HR-1s...VHaudio DIY, Grover, MAC ICs...PI Audio Uberbuss...PI, VHaudio DIY, Neotech DIY, Cryoparts DIY power cables, HerbiesAudioLab feet and tube dampers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #95 - 06/03/10 at 13:31:00

Yes, that forward setting is a trip. I use it occasionally, but now it seems less "accurate" than the other position, and sometimes a bit "hard."

I'm amazed by this amp almost every day. It reproduces whatever I toss at it with authority and respect. Just an incredible amplifier.

« Last Edit: 06/03/10 at 13:31:45 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print