Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/22/14 at 01:06:45

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Ordered a Mark III, yes I'm insane (Read 16373 times)
BLFST

Re: Ordered a Mark III, yes I'm insane
Reply #15 - 01/03/10 at 22:16:06

nsj - not to distract from the forum topic, but just wanted to let you know how sorry I am to hear about your german shepard.  I had to put down my 14 year old siberian husky two years ago after she suffered a seizure.  Came on suddenly and took its toll on her quickly.  Now I have two siberians I got out of a siberian rescue center and they lay at my feet every nite while I listen to my Torri MK II.

bill

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #16 - 01/03/10 at 22:26:00

Sorry to hear about your Shepherd. I know how pets can get deep into your heart and mind.  I lost a cat of 18 years a year and a half ago, I'm just glad I had her the previous 8 months, the period after my wife died. She went quickly, and without too much misery that I could tell, her kidneys just failed her.  She was a graceful old lady and a wonderful friend.

People are wonderful, but other mammals can win our hearts too.  And they don't pollute! Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
nsj

Reply #17 - 01/03/10 at 23:16:38

Bill & Lon,

Many thanks for your thoughts. I am going to surprise Patty with a shepherd puppy soon; I just can't live without one. They really do get into your heart as you both say.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

Neil

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #18 - 02/04/10 at 23:20:06

Really really really enjoying my Mk. II, so much.  I've got a real hunch that the Mk. III will be even better!  I think Steve is really at the top of his game!

Hopefully before too long I'll have a Mk. III in the living room and a Mk. II in the bedroom, at least for a while. Wow!

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
mike_gagne

Reply #19 - 02/05/10 at 06:52:46

I am loving my MkII!!!!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #20 - 02/25/10 at 23:32:32

My Mark III ships tomorrow.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 02/25/10 at 23:45:27

Very nice, Lon!

I would say congrats, but that seems so small by comparison.

I hope your new amp is all that you expect and more.

I am very pleased with my recent purchase (used - it came yesterday) of an original style ZenC.

Life is good.

WWW DirtDawg DirtDawg NO! NO!   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #22 - 02/25/10 at 23:47:38

Thanks DD!

I bet that the III will be great; I love my now well-seasoned II.

IP Logged
nsj

Reply #23 - 02/26/10 at 23:44:21

Hey Lon,

Awesome! We can't wait to hear your comparison review. I have been very busy with our new family member, ilsa:
« Last Edit: 02/27/10 at 00:02:05 by nsj »  

IMG_1407.JPG
WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #24 - 02/26/10 at 23:48:27

Congrats Neil!

IP Logged
nsj

Reply #25 - 02/27/10 at 00:03:09

There, I finally got the image to load. She's a handful!

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #26 - 02/27/10 at 01:01:19

Sure looks like a beauty.  I had two Shepherds when I lived in Swazliland, but we had lots of space compared to any other home/plot I've lived in.

My old tom cat  Mr. P C (short for Mr. Porch Cat) just took a look at Lisa and told me not to get any ideas.

IP Logged
BLFST

Reply #27 - 02/27/10 at 01:24:36

Congradulations on the new family addition NSJ, she looks great!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 02/27/10 at 01:40:11

Here's mine

100102_007.JPG

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
DirtDawg
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 02/27/10 at 02:09:11

What a beauty! I love dogs.

Just yesterday I signed up for a new program at work - volunteer work at the local Humane Society. Our company (Best Buy) awards any "non-profit organization"  a thousand bucks for each employee who donates forty total hours of service. They have loads of BS things they want us to sign up for, but the Humane Society seemed to fit me just fine.  I will be scooping "treasure," mopping and hosing everything in sight, painting everything that is not barking, meowing or chirping and building new cages next week, along with walking the inmates in an outside area.

My daughter will accompany me as well. I will reach forty hours before the month is out and BB will donate to them, generously. There are five others who have also agreed to volunteer and each one who reaches forty hours of service will earn a thousand more dollars worth of donations to the charitable organization  from our company.

The point is that the company wants to make everyone look to them for what they sell, but they do give up the money as we donate our own time to our respective communities. I suppose there is some self serving capitalism to this arrangement, but I get to handle beautiful, neglected and forgotten animals, make things better for the next ones who are rescued and my company has to pay for the privilege of claiming responsibility for my community service.

I find the upsides far better than any downsides I can imagine.

« Last Edit: 02/27/10 at 02:17:10 by DirtDawg »  
WWW DirtDawg DirtDawg NO! NO!   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print