Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/02/14 at 01:45:22

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
What box for my application?Housewrecker/Death box (Read 20705 times)
Basshead
Verified Member

Re: What box for my application?Housewrecker/Death box
Reply #60 - 02/04/10 at 15:29:01

Thank you!! Smiley Itís taking a lot longer than I expected I try to work on it every day but sometimes I donít get the chance.

Working with the red oak is a slight complicated when cutting this wood it tends to chip so if you ever work with the oak be very careful, it was working out until I started on the top of the box there are some chips so I hope I can fill it in with wood buddy.

Well I hope it all works out with you thatís too bad that sub you have wonít perform the way you want. Are there any subs you have in mind? Have you thought about using a car audio Vs home theater woofer?

I almost forgot to mention, I picked up an SPL meter.

Itís all used but I got a good deal on it. I am using the tureRTA program with level 3, M-Audio USB-Pre, and Behringer ECM800 Mic.

I have not had the chance to try it out on the subs seeing as I donít want to keep taking the subs in/out of the box. The subs are a pain to move around I will just wait till have the boxes complete.

Basshead

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #61 - 02/04/10 at 16:41:42

The Series II does excellent job but if I am going to have the best performance possible I need a subwoofer, not a woofer. I am looking at the RE Audio and the Fi subs. The problem is budget, with the limit around $300, it is hard to find two 15"s with high excursion and not haft to pay an arm or a leg. There are alot of choices and I have no problem using a car audio sub for HT.

Glad to hear you found some good test equipment. I think you will like RTA program and it should be more accurate than the old SPL meter or PAA2 for that matter. Good Luck.

HT-EXT

« Last Edit: 02/04/10 at 16:42:25 by HT-EXT »  

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
Basshead
Verified Member

Reply #62 - 02/04/10 at 18:21:29

I have updated the Pics of my project. I still need to make the box smooth than install the subwoofer test and I will than meter the SPL .

Let me know what you think?

http://s765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/bass-head/?action=view&current=P2110329...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BEraAzY6K0

Basshead

« Last Edit: 02/18/10 at 04:36:07 by Basshead »  
  IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #63 - 02/25/10 at 19:19:39

IMPRESSIVE !!! † †

VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!

I could not have picture that build turning out any better. You have good skills when it comes to wood working, maybe the HWK will be the next project?

HT-EXT

« Last Edit: 02/25/10 at 19:20:16 by HT-EXT »  

IP Logged
Basshead
Verified Member

Reply #64 - 02/25/10 at 20:05:37

THANK YOU MUCHLY!, If I had the room for the HW I would love to maybe down the road.

Do you think 115 DB for that subwoofer is average or about right? Using my program it was right on the money 500 to 1000 Watts= 115 DB now I know I could of tuned the box to a higher Hz I could of accomplished 120 DB but this build was for home theater so I wanted low bass not SPL I am happy with the outcome. †I used my oscilloscope to adjust the amp so it donít clip, but I can turn the amp up 90% I canít clip the amp these subwoofers can take some power. WOW!
I would think for using the AXIS it would be more performance but then again I am so use to building in a vehicle were everything is compressed and your space is limited the SPL would probably be higher in a car.  

There are a couple of projects I am thinking of working on. One is on parts-express they have a Tang band W8 for a great deal my idea is to build on a budget for the average person can afford. I want to combined the wedge idea and a cylinder tube I am kicking it around figuring the best possible way to design it at low cost also to be impressive as well.

I would also like to build my HI FI tower speakers as well to match my subwoofer boxes. Here is what I am thinking about building.

http://www.geocities.com/cc00541/Statements.html

The Statement look all around excellent in performance but it is expensive $800 for parts without box materials. I have seen many others but I canít stop thinking about these ones.

Here are a few others I have found unless you would suggest any other HI FI towers to build?

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=28655

So now I will half to wait for the projects due to my computer is going to crap and I will soon need to buy a new one.

Basshead

« Last Edit: 02/25/10 at 21:06:53 by Basshead »  
  IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #65 - 03/10/10 at 18:50:29

Once you have built your own subs you will want everything else built by your own hands. I thought I would be happy with store bought tower speakers but soon work out plains for my mini-towers. It is a sickness that is hard to kick. The urge to build.

HT-EXT

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print