Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/20/14 at 05:53:12

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Decware Customer Service! (Read 3366 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Decware Customer Service!
Reply #15 - 12/16/09 at 01:02:42

Well yeah.  I don't think of an iPod as a "main listening device."  I use mine in the bedroom occasionally and when traveling or taking walks. I have so many cds that I listen to instead in the main rig.

You could use one of these:

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/82178?gclid=CN2X66Dh2Z4CFQIhDQoduzKVMA

It could feed a DAC and you could use a transport for cds that feed the same dvd if you pick the one with the right inputs. Smiley  The ZCDi might be cheaper.

« Last Edit: 12/16/09 at 02:01:41 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Jason

Reply #16 - 12/16/09 at 15:10:29

Seeing as the ZCD plays mp3 disks, wouldn't an ipod dock just be redundant?

Jason

IP Logged
nsj

Reply #17 - 12/16/09 at 15:23:33

Lon/Jason,

My understanding is that the ZCD only plays one cd at a time. Therefore, for parties the ipod dock is a desire, so I don't need to tend to the music all night. The cd player will be the primary source, the ipod dock, as in Lon's case, will only get occasional use.

nsj

WWW   IP Logged
Jason

Reply #18 - 12/16/09 at 15:41:56

nsj, I totally relate to that.  My only complaint with the ZCD is that it's a single player, because I'm so used to a 5 disk and a remote in my hand.

Jason

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #19 - 12/16/09 at 16:17:39

The other option as Jason points out is to make MP3 cds. . . which can play for about four or five hours!

I'm sure that the iPod will sound better going through the ZCDi but I really don't like sound of iPods even lossless except through the digital out (and the Wadia iTransport is so far the only machine can do that).  But that's just me.  And I have thousands of cds to play and even in the midst of gatherings I can easily get up or get someone to load another.  The quality sound is worth it.

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
nsj

Reply #20 - 12/16/09 at 16:23:46

Lon,

It's the time required to record the mp3's...

The ZCDi would seem to be a good compromise at least.

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #21 - 12/16/09 at 16:50:14

Okay.  ZCDi has no appeal to me at all, but different strokes.

Time to record. . . if you're using iTunes or so, just drag tracks to a playlist and burn! Smiley

But anyway, I confess I'm definitely not "iPod" or "lossless file" generation and don't wan to be.

IP Logged
nsj

Reply #22 - 12/16/09 at 17:21:52

Lon,

Lol, I think that we are of the same generation, although, you know a lot more about this stuff than I!

Have a great day.

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #23 - 12/16/09 at 18:51:31

You too, I'm listening to a great new four cd set of Ella Fitzgerald live at the Crescendo Club in Hollywood, 1961 and 1962 and trying to play along with Herb Ellis and having fun.

IP Logged
nsj

Reply #24 - 12/16/09 at 18:57:47

Lon,

Awesome! I am a huge jazz fan myself. Good news, I just spoke to Sarah at Decware and my Torii is shipping today!

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #25 - 12/16/09 at 19:30:42

Far out!  And so it begins!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 12/17/09 at 06:27:53

Hello Lon and everyone else. Wanted to stop in and wish everyone a very happy holidays. Will be playing my Christmas music on the new Decware system this year and wowing the listeners. The UPS guy today caught me playing an album and was dumbstruck at the sight and sound. I am still tickled to death with the new system.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #27 - 12/17/09 at 14:16:31

Happy Holidays Richard!

I thought about you and glad you are enjoying yourself!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print