Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/14 at 19:27:32

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MG944 and Bottlehead gear - a good match? (Read 8079 times)
Chris K
Seasoned Member

My owner only hears
to 16K WELL I can
hear to 60K!

Re: MG944 and Bottlehead gear - a good match?
Reply #15 - 11/30/09 at 14:04:49

I have to add that if I could swing it right now I'd be thrilled to be demoing a pair of the ERR radials. This speaker is probably better in room than anybody (excepting those who have a pair) has heard to date. The large space in the Decware big room is not the only place this particular speaker should be showcased. In a normal listening space of the average home I'd venture that the ERR would be a dream. Omni speakers need some room boundary at the ceiling to really strut their stuff. $400 more than the MG944 yes but it is something one must hear to appreciate. A little push in that direction for those that have not heard this type of speaker. Wink

« Last Edit: 11/30/09 at 14:05:36 by Chris K »  

Hi-Fi Gear: More than I need! Not as much as I want!
  IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #16 - 11/30/09 at 20:54:06

Chris K

My thoughts were the same as yours (ERR's over the MG944's) until last Decfest when the MG944's came alive under my modified Zkit1 and the ERR's didn't do much of anything special - nothing bad, but nothing truly special as the MG944's did.  So, in my case anyway, it seems to boil down to how the amp matches to the speakers, and what "magic" might be in that connection.

DanK

IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

My owner only hears
to 16K WELL I can
hear to 60K!

Reply #17 - 11/30/09 at 23:46:32

Yes Dan the MG's played real nice with your amp and the synergy was VERY evident. But I did say that the ERR in an average living space would do some very "magic" things. I think the ERR is a more intimate speaker but that is a blind judgement until I live with them for awhile. I have no business getting more but a Mini TORII is coming and maybe a few other goodies and that will be it for awhile. Got to concentrate on what combinations I have right now including (6) sets of speakers. My wife is so precious to not have me BBQ'ed alive. She knows it is all in the name of progress.

Hi-Fi Gear: More than I need! Not as much as I want!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print