Send Topic Print
DECFEST 2009 (Read 29644 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

DECFEST 2009
07/17/09 at 18:21:54

Just a reminder to mark your calendar for OCT 2, 3, 4th 2009 for the DECWARE ZEN FEST, aka DECFEST 2009.  It starts on Friday at noon and ends on Sunday at 5 pm.

This year in the what's new category I will have Decware's first DAC making it's debut.  Also the new TORII MK III will be here and of course the new Mini Torii SEX.  On the speaker front, the new ERR's will be on hand along with all of the Decware loudspeakers.  

So consider this an early reminder and we'll post more details soon.

Thanks,

Steve and crew.

« Last Edit: 08/31/09 at 17:52:06 by Steve Deckert »  
WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: DECFEST 2009
Reply #1 - 07/17/09 at 18:28:44

For those not familiar with the fest, it's a casual social event that spans 3 days where anyone can attend who has an interest in hi-fi.

Everything we sell on the website is here for audition and you're welcome to bring your own components to see how they mate up with our gear. Food and drink will be provided all three days and there are a large variety of hotels within a 5 to 15 minute radius of our place in the country. We also have plenty of room for tents and a large fire pit to camp around.  

There is no fees for attending.  Bring your wives, they always end up having a good time here. Meet the Decware crew and see where and how the amps are made. Enjoy the dedicated listening room without time limits.  Listen all night if you like... several do every year.

Steve

Just a few more notes about what I have planed special for this year...

FRIDAY and SATURDAY NIGHT AT 10:00 P.M.  I will be demoing the new ZEN TRIODE DAC on my Acoustat Monitor IV's, the speakers that tell all.

Of course during the day and early evenings all the DECWARE speakers and amplifiers will be available for audition, including the the Zen Open Baffle Array that I will have set up on one end of the room.

Another surprise that I'm rather excited about is the final version of our original Zen Triode amplifier, the SE84C, in a further improved chassis done in a white powder coat finish and updated with better binding posts and better volume control! Of course the CCE mod is now standard on this amp.

Pictured above, the new TORII MK III.  Since the Mini Torii SEX introduced at last years fest turned out so good it's fidelity started to threaten our flagship Torii MK II amplifier!  I have since redesigned the MK II and will be introducing the new MK III at this years fest!  It now easily justifies the $1000.00 price difference between it and the Mini Torii SEX.

Any questions are welcome and will be answered here in this thread!

Looking forward to seeing everyone... it's the highlight of my year.

Steve

« Last Edit: 08/31/09 at 18:21:49 by Steve Deckert »  
WWW   IP Logged
JasonGmt
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/02/09 at 09:35:28

Where do I RSVP?  :D

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 08/02/09 at 16:19:24

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forums!  You can RSVP right here.  No reservations are needed to attend, but we can use this thread to get an idea who's coming this year!

Thanks,

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
DPC
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/26/09 at 18:53:24

It goes without saying!

IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #5 - 08/26/09 at 19:03:56

me too (and Deb)

IP Logged
Wakanda
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 09/01/09 at 13:24:23

Is the Zen Open Baffle Array still in development, or will it be available for purchase?

leap fearlessly
balance exquisitely
WWW   IP Logged
morpheous85
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 09/08/09 at 16:14:10

I'm in!  I'm bringing a guest.

Jason

IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

My owner only hears
to 16K WELL I can
hear to 60K!

Reply #8 - 09/08/09 at 18:25:05

"love is in the air"? Wink

Hi-Fi Gear: More than I need! Not as much as I want!
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

My owner only hears
to 16K WELL I can
hear to 60K!

Reply #9 - 09/08/09 at 19:31:48

Would someone be so kind as to bring some seriously good jazz this year? I like it (jazz) but am short on collection/variety, since I passively listen to the jazz channel on DirecTV via SiriusXM.

And on that note I swear sometime I thoroughly dislike the programming director's selections on XM and other times they seem fine. It creeps up on me sorta like listener fatigue and I just get pissed and turn off the XM. Other times I'm fine with the selections.

Anyone else have this happen with music services where you either love or hate the programming on a given weekday or weekend?

See you at FEST!

IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

My owner only hears
to 16K WELL I can
hear to 60K!

Reply #10 - 09/08/09 at 19:59:44

Oh yes, and Jazz with hammond organ in it! TOO COOL! Cool

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #11 - 09/09/09 at 16:04:52

Wakanda,

Quote:
Is the Zen Open Baffle Array still in development, or will it be available for purchase?

Since last year's paper I have spent more time with them using a shielded version of the DFR8 driver and am satisfied with the results.  I will demo them again this year at the fest and observe the reactions I get.  Plans will go online shortly afterwords and the speakers will be added to our product line.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
mike_gagne

Reply #12 - 09/10/09 at 08:06:40

Anyone else have this happen with music services where you either love or hate the programming on a given weekday or weekend?

I have often thought the same thing but have often felt it was my differing mental/emotional need at the time. I listen to KCRW music channel all day in my work shop on line from a computer feed in my house as woodworking dust destroys most players, turntables etc. As a prisoner to their picks, I have railed and loved them from moment to moment at times oppositely during a replay of an earlier show. Is it them or me? I am still not sure but I am leaning to a shared issue-it's both. Listener fatigue is assuaged sometimes by a complete change of venue be it tape, cd, radio station, vinyl, or whistling a tune inside my head. And sometimes, not often, I turn off the music and listen to my own thoughts...... I am astounded by what happens.

IP Logged
Audio Addict
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 09/10/09 at 15:03:05

I am sorry I will not be able to attend this year.  This is the same weekend as 2009 RMAF, which I am going to this year.  There is always next year.

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 09/13/09 at 23:50:40

Chris K, go get 'All Kooked Out' by Stanton Moore.  Moore is the drummer from Galactic, and this particular album features Charlie Hunter on guitar, and Skerik on sax.  Kinda acid-jazz-meets-nawlins-funky-free-jam type jazz, smokin hot.  Well recorded, too.  It came out of the same sessions as the original Garage a Trois, which was also Moore, Skerik, and Hunter.  Check out any of these guys other works too.

If you want to hear a better mix than that XM stuff, and you can cope with streamed audio, check out KUVO:
http://www.kuvo.org/index.php?s=89

I suppose it would be a lot to ask if dogs are welcome by the fire circle during decfest.  Steve?

Oh, and the SE84C+ looks better in black, imo.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print