Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/17 at 07:27:32 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Speaker Cables with SE84 Amps?? (Read 6257 times)
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Speaker Cables with SE84 Amps??
Reply #15 - 08/01/09 at 13:38:24

Allen Wright in his book - The supercable cookbook talks of spraying urethane. So you could try that. It comes in cans. Give it shot.

shreekant Smiley

Oppo, hdd,84c, pm6a, cd200, foreplay lll, zbox, bottlehead sex amp, zob, various stuff that make up two systems
WWW   IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 08/01/09 at 17:25:40

I think Mapleshade answers my question. I took a close look at a set of their Clearview Golden Helix wires and they appear to be nothing more than lacquered bare wire twisted together. They may use something other than lacquer but I think that would work. Their wire is silver coating over copper.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
MikeS
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/03/09 at 20:56:34

I just switched back to my Zen SE84 'B', after using a T-amp for many months.  

I am using DIY 12' runs of CAT-5 (a twisted pair for each + and -) and was very, very impressed with what I heard last night.

I'm also partial to my DIY braided silver-in-teflon cables, but those are too short for my current setup.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 09/12/09 at 12:06:50

The varnish works very well just be sure to scrape the ends of the wire before terminating them. If you are into cool looking stuff try sleeving each wire with a different color then twisting them. I took a simple pair of Mapleshade golden helix and sleeved them and they look fantastic, same for my Kimber 8TC. I really do need to try Steve's cables.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print