Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/21/14 at 22:49:09

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Speaker Cables with SE84 Amps?? (Read 3570 times)
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Speaker Cables with SE84 Amps??
Reply #15 - 08/01/09 at 13:38:24

Allen Wright in his book - The supercable cookbook talks of spraying urethane. So you could try that. It comes in cans. Give it shot.

shreekant Smiley

84C, ZBox, Ex mod, Zkit4&5.1, Vcap, CCE, Lowthers, CD200, Power iso and other stuff
WWW   IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 08/01/09 at 17:25:40

I think Mapleshade answers my question. I took a close look at a set of their Clearview Golden Helix wires and they appear to be nothing more than lacquered bare wire twisted together. They may use something other than lacquer but I think that would work. Their wire is silver coating over copper.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
MikeS
Verified Member

Cui bono?

Reply #17 - 08/03/09 at 20:56:34

I just switched back to my Zen SE84 'B', after using a T-amp for many months.  

I am using DIY 12' runs of CAT-5 (a twisted pair for each + and -) and was very, very impressed with what I heard last night.

I'm also partial to my DIY braided silver-in-teflon cables, but those are too short for my current setup.

Rega Planet > Rega Io > Mapleshade-modded 1962 Heathkit (2x EL84/ch) > audiodata 90 dB/4 Ohm speakers

laptop > HRT MusicStreamerII > SE84 'B' > Back-loaded FE206EM horns & active 15" sub
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 09/12/09 at 12:06:50

The varnish works very well just be sure to scrape the ends of the wire before terminating them. If you are into cool looking stuff try sleeving each wire with a different color then twisting them. I took a simple pair of Mapleshade golden helix and sleeved them and they look fantastic, same for my Kimber 8TC. I really do need to try Steve's cables.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print