Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/28/14 at 06:20:40

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Considering TORII MK II (Read 13199 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Considering TORII MK II
Reply #30 - 06/22/09 at 11:05:53

No, I haven't tried it with the CSP2 in the system.  The CSP2 was part of what made me unhappy in previous configurations of the system, and I haven't quite forgiven it yet and hankered to put it in. Also, I don't havea  place for it at the moment as all shelves and platforms are in use. . . . So. . . no preamp for the near future.

I'm very happy with the sound as it is and right now I'm not wanting to mess with it.  I'm getting a good handle on it and will have new speakers soon.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
KimKman

Reply #31 - 06/22/09 at 19:36:16

Sounds good Lon. If you ever do give it a go let me know your thoughts.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #32 - 06/22/09 at 20:30:59

Will do. I had a lot of hum when using the CSP2 and the ZBox and my Decware EL34 Monoblocks. . . . I introduced the CSP2 briefly into the system when I was using the Integrated and it added hum. . . so I'm not eager to try that again.  Once humfree, as I am now, you want to stay that way!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #33 - 07/31/09 at 14:19:49

Well, I think I can say that my Torii Mark II is "burned in" now.

What an amp!  I'm sure the upcoming mod with extra voltage regulation will be even better, but right now this amp is going nowhere!

Bring on the new speakers!  I'm ready for that change.  :)

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #34 - 07/31/09 at 22:59:30

Lon: Sounds like your amp is the "real deal"! Glad you're enjoying it.
Any comparisons with your 34 mono's?
-aside from more power!
Don

Decware SE34I w/ CCE mod, ZCD, Heybrook/Linn/Clearaudio, Hagerman,
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #35 - 11/16/09 at 22:28:15

Sorry D, I missed your question.

In comparison to the SE34 Monoblocks, the Torii just breathes so much easier and seems to have an ease that is very seductive.  Also as you turn it up, it doesn't really alter tonally, something that is not as easy to say about the Monoblocks.

Still, there's a sort of "bloom" and a bit of depth that the Monoblocks had that the Torii doesn't quite. But the whole system is so different now, it's not fair to single that out.  I haven't put the Monoblocks in in a long while. They came out, the Integrated went in, the Torii went in.  The Monoblocks were in use in the bedroom system (driven by the Peach Tree Audio Decco) and now the Integrated is in the bedroom system.

The Torii keeps on rockin' in the Free World.  It's the one amp to have.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print