Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/20/14 at 23:47:55

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
This forum. . . sleeply little town (Read 5971 times)
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Re: This forum. . . sleeply little town
Reply #15 - 04/18/09 at 21:21:24

The forum was split???

I thought portions were just deleted as time went on.

Where's the rest?

Ya'll know where I've been.  :-/  Hell, life's still rolling downhill.

WWW e3_wizard jetleeamc   IP Logged
mike_gagne

Reply #16 - 04/19/09 at 01:22:57

Part of it is Audiophile....... But I have a question about HDTs and will post there in hopes that some of you may have an answer. I know how forums work and like all relationships (yep, its one of those) they have an ebb and flow. So fear not, this one is like that too.

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #17 - 04/19/09 at 02:36:12

Decware SE34I w/ CCE mod, ZCD, Heybrook/Linn/Clearaudio, Hagerman,
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #18 - 04/19/09 at 15:42:42

Good point about the layout of the forum Karl.  I do undrestand why it's set up that way and it doesn't interfere with my posting, but I'm like Richard, a veteran of bulletin boards who can post through incoming fire and in all forms of inclement weather. Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #19 - 04/19/09 at 15:43:25

Mike, this one just seems to keep on ebbing!

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 04/19/09 at 17:46:55

Well my amp shootout took a bad turn this morning. I had the Golden Tube Audio SE40 all set up but when I pushed the power on button one 6L6 in the left channel lit up like Los Vegas and died. I'm all out of 6L6s so I have to take this amp out and next up will be the NYAL Moscode 75, maybe the old Bugle Boys in it will hold up. Wink

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
mike_gagne

Reply #21 - 04/19/09 at 20:44:04

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ick

Lon, if this one keeps ebbing then flow cant be far away......  8-)

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #22 - 04/19/09 at 21:18:35

Ebb and Flow. . . sounds like it would make a good comic strip!

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #23 - 04/22/09 at 00:56:11

LOL

I remember waaaaaaay back when there were some sub catagories to the Decware forum, but there was a pretty constant flow of conversation on the one board. Since then (98?) I have joined, posted to, left, rejoined, and in various other ways haunted no few internet forums. I wouldn't care to imagine how many posts I have made in total. I have even been an admin on several of these. There are forums with so many members that a lot of separation is needed so that the admins can keep an eye on their specific sections.

This forum has never seemed that busy to me. The split actually stopped me from coming at all for quite some time. Since I can't get into the audiophiletalk section I don't know how it even looks over there now. Can anyone report if some of our old buds are posting still?

I keep coming back to check in here and see who is handy. I miss a lot of your guys comments though and it looks like quite a few "veterans" still hang out here to answer questions to people looking at new equipment Perhaps the Ebb and Flow will find it's way back home. Or perhaps I will find a way to get into the other half of the forum. Until then, sleepy it seems to be for me, lol

Take care,
Robert

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
76doublebass
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 05/02/09 at 15:03:45

Hi its Don C. May I share with u all a tweak I did that has kept me awake with not much sleep yesterday.This tweak was a major sonic improvment in my system WHERE IS NIT WHEN I NEED HIM.
I replaced the wall outlet with a PORTER PORT RECEPTACLE.This is a hospital grade Hubbel that has been cyroed at NASA.I literally thought someone pulled a blanket off my system, And this is one day after I sent my Tascam out for all the full mods that Steve will do on it.
So I just wanted to share this with u all and all I could say is WOW WOW WOW. I can really hear just how good the 84 C really sounds and now will be really waiting to get back the ZCD in a couple of weeks or more.
Don Curry Cheesy

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #25 - 05/02/09 at 15:13:26

Cool Don.  Thanks for sharing.

Let's leave Nit where he seems to want to be, on the other forum. . . .

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 05/02/09 at 19:54:51

You could put all I know about cyro on the head of a pin. I have a couple of cyro tubes and that's it. I have an electrical background but this is new stuff to me. I feel so out of touch, ancient, insignificant, cave mannish.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
76doublebass
Verified Member

Reply #27 - 05/06/09 at 07:36:19

Well I had another tweaky thought come to my mind today. Now I replaced the plastic wal duplex guard on the receptacle with a steel one to control vibrations. I was looking for brass but I could only find the steel at Lowes. I also went a step furhter bought some double sided sticky tape and cut up small pieces of my Deflex Paneling asorbing material and stuck that to the back of the plate and the front.
The music is flowing effortlessly now.With added body and richness to all notes. I can relly hear the correct sound of stringed instruments for the first time in a very long time. The last time I heard something this real was many years ago listening to a CAT Signature preamp with an RM-9 Amp and a 30 K golmund Reference turntable.
I never thought I would ever come close to that sound . Well I think I'm on my way now.
  I can hear absolutely no noise even with the volume cranked almost all the way up with my ear next to the ribbon tweeter.
It is very very quiet.
Well Happy Listening
Don C.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #28 - 06/12/09 at 13:43:44

Still too quiet around here.  I'm pretty sure I heard myself think.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 06/12/09 at 22:32:26

I use wood (walnut actually) receptical and switchplate covers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print