Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
12/22/14 at 19:32:29

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
What's on the screen? (Read 13007 times)
Dirty_Dawg
Seasoned Member

Only the music is
real.

Re: What's on the screen?
Reply #45 - 06/22/09 at 05:15:17

St. Louis was once considered the Gateway to the West or some such, right? Earlier than that, the Ohio River Basin was the far west and even earlier, Pennsylvania was the far west.
Smiley

I might differ in opinion as a native Texan, just to be contrary and all, but growing up near the mouth of the Rio Grande River certainly gave me a sense of the south, although mostly geographical, instead of political.
Oddly, where I spent my early teen years, near El Paso, was fairly close to the west, again, geographically.

I just watched "The Fifth Element."  A truly easy to watch, funny/goofy movie and while the picture is improved somewhat on blu-ray, it is the sound of this movie that is noticeably improved over standard DVD.

Anxiously watching as the whirling wind scoops up and hurls into oblivion the chalky white dust that was once the rank bones of my final oppressor, I relax finally, as I have survived again.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #46 - 06/22/09 at 11:02:21

What could possibly go wrong Richard? Smiley  I could think of a few things.

Not much for alcohol either, which is maybe why I avoid the temptaion of barbequing.

Dawg,

It feels like the South far more to me in most of Texas. West Texas does feel more like the West, I grant you. Central, North and South seem the South to me.  I'm getting used to it.  I'd rather live on the Mediterranean I think, but can't afford that.  ;)

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 06/23/09 at 17:17:39

I know what you mean Lon. We make a trip or two to the continent each year and we own a home on Martinique Island. East Texas is the south, West Texas is the pits I mean the west. Smiley

For later today I have pulled out Gettysburg to watch.

« Last Edit: 06/23/09 at 17:25:42 by Stone Deaf »  

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #48 - 06/23/09 at 19:47:12

I haven't been to Europe since I was a teenager, but I'll never forget Paris. . . and I think I'd love to live in Greece, in Athens or one of the islands. Just fell in love with the people and place and antiquity.

I do hope to go back in the fairly near future, my girlfriend would love to go.

Today I watched more of Lost, Season One on Blu-Ray.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 06/23/09 at 22:45:59

We did one of those Eastern Med cruises three years ago 23 days worth of Italy, Greek isles, Istanbul, Alexandria and Lisbon. What I liked is we were in port more than for the day so I actually got to see some things, stretch my legs, eat the food, shop and check out the people. We loved Greece and Istanbul best. If I close my eyes I can still smell those places.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Seasoned Member

Only the music is
real.

Reply #50 - 06/24/09 at 06:00:19

I'm with Stone Deaf, in that some island in the south of somewhere would be even better, especially if there was no one around to know that sometimes I have a brandy for breakfast ( or go fishing instead of breakfast or whatever?) and could do so in my underwear.

I have "Foyle's War"  cue'ed-up for after my Allman Brother's binge is ready for purging.

Anxiously watching as the whirling wind scoops up and hurls into oblivion the chalky white dust that was once the rank bones of my final oppressor, I relax finally, as I have survived again.
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 06/24/09 at 22:34:42

Dawg, Martinique makes some of the best rum in the world. Life is a lot slower in the islands probably because of the rum. Wink

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #52 - 06/27/09 at 19:04:22

Lost Season One, Blu-Ray, bonsu featurs on disc 7 (which is not hidef filmed or transferred).

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 07/02/09 at 03:20:04

I wasted a couple of hours of my life last night watching 12 Rounds.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #54 - 07/03/09 at 22:34:42

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #55 - 09/18/09 at 16:27:10

One of my very favorite music DVDs.

I'd buy this on Blu-Ray in a heartbeat!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #56 - 09/30/09 at 20:45:44

Kindof lightweight, but I love brunettes and there are three beautiful ones this season. Cheesy

« Last Edit: 10/03/09 at 19:20:43 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #57 - 10/03/09 at 19:19:44

IP Logged
THE dawg
Verified Member

Reply #58 - 10/05/09 at 23:02:32

I am glad to see this thread revive.

My wife has accused me of being Monk on many occasions.  I am not a clean freak, by any stretch of imagination, but I am all about order.

I bought her the entire collection, last week. It has been on constantly, since I popped it open for her.

I just see that the producer types are mostly making fun of a man with amazing gifts and taking no responsibility for how incredibly unique he would actually be, if he were real, if he was a person.
LoL!!

Nah, I'm NOT Monk, I just like things orderly.

She is enjoying this series, but I am somewhat offended by its existence.  I hurt to watch him suffer so much with things I have conquered over time.

Tony Shaloub is an incredible, believable actor on many levels.

« Last Edit: 10/05/09 at 23:06:48 by THE dawg »  
  IP Logged
MikeZ@turningpointaudio
Verified Member

Reply #59 - 10/07/09 at 15:08:49

I have to say I am glad someone watches Fringe. My girlfriend and I do not watch as much TV as we would like. We love our DVR. But Fringe and Lie to Me have become constantly watched programming.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print