Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/26/14 at 02:16:50

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
What's on the screen? (Read 12611 times)
Homey
Seasoned Member

Re: What's on the screen?
Reply #30 - 06/18/09 at 18:39:14

Lon,  I forgot about Clint's Flags of Our Fathers,  I had meant to
watch that one,  But never got around to it.  I'll try to remember next time I'm renting a movie.

Last night I watched Gran Torino.

Old School Clint is still tough as nails,  But with a little softness
hidden within.

Turntable: Highly Modified VPI TNT-VHR, Schroder ll Arm, Musicmaker 3
Phono Decware ZP2.0 (tricked out by OBI-V)
DAC: www.lessloss.com
Amps: Decware SE34I, First Watt F1
Preamp: Modwright 9.0SE
www.thehornshoppe.com (2 pair)
Decware WO32 Sub
  IP Logged
Homey
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 06/18/09 at 18:44:36

Is it just Me or does Beyonce just look really hot with the blonde hair?
I also thought She looked really sexy in the Austin Powers film when
She was sporting a blonde affro.

Turntable: Highly Modified VPI TNT-VHR, Schroder ll Arm, Musicmaker 3
Phono Decware ZP2.0 (tricked out by OBI-V)
DAC: www.lessloss.com
Amps: Decware SE34I, First Watt F1
Preamp: Modwright 9.0SE
www.thehornshoppe.com (2 pair)
Decware WO32 Sub
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #32 - 06/18/09 at 19:02:45

H,

Yeah, that was an excellent excellent movie. I thought Clint was really stiffed at the Oscars; he should have gotten a nomination for that film, as actor or director.  Phenomenal job, he may have even done a better directing job than an acting job.

Beyonce. . . I've long been a fan of her looks and her attitude.  I spent a good amount of two years in Houston, her home town.  Saw her once downtown in front of a very fancy restaurant. She looks as marvelous in real life as on big or small screens. A beautiful beautiful woman.  Very talented too.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #33 - 06/18/09 at 19:04:10

This week I watched

Weeds, Season 4

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #34 - 06/19/09 at 15:22:33

Waited a long time for this to hit Blu-Ray.  Worth the wait. Great picture and sound.

IP Logged
DPC
Seasoned Member

Reply #35 - 06/19/09 at 19:10:02

But, does Blu-Ray do anything to help the story? Tongue

I'm hooked and still waiting for the last season to be released on DVD.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #36 - 06/19/09 at 21:22:34

Long wait. . . December I think.

I know what you mean.  I think I love Seasons 1 and 2 best.  This is like the fourth time I'm seeing Season 1 (once on tv, twice on dvd, now on Blu-Ray) and I'm still seeing new things in it, things echoed in later episodes, etc.).

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #37 - 06/19/09 at 21:23:40

Oh and holy cow, the low end on the sound is killer on the Torii Mark ii!  KILLER!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 06/20/09 at 21:53:57

We watched Grand Torino a few nights ago and I loved it. Took me a few minutes to figure Clint's character out but once that snapped everything fell in place. The new Fast and Furious comes out on DVD in July. With just about nothing on TV worth watching now we are going through the movie collection. I have The Relic and The Ghost And The Darkness pulled out for tonight.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #39 - 06/21/09 at 21:41:38

Man, this never looked so good!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #40 - 06/21/09 at 22:05:11

Did it look this good Lon? Steaks from my Big Green Egg for Father's Day meal.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #41 - 06/21/09 at 22:11:07

Yes, not sure why the picture isn't showing up right now, it's Star Trek Season 1 on Blu-Ray.  Looks fantastic!

I'm not much of a steak man or a grill man, but hope you had a great father's day!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 06/22/09 at 01:23:19

Lon, BBQ and Football are religions in the deep south. Smiley

Back to movies, do you ever have a B movie night like we do. Some of them are just too funny to never watch again. We watch and make up new script for the actors and laugh till we hurt.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #43 - 06/22/09 at 01:38:27

I don't have a fixed night for "B" movies but I watch silly movies now and then, sure, not so good ones but fun and easy to watch.

I live in the South (Texas likes to think of itself as the West but it's the South) and I can handle barbeque but it's not my favorite. And I hate football.  I don't watch any sports.  I spent my adolescence in Africa and played cricket, tennis and SOCCER. When I came back here football seemed the stupidest game ever.  And I still think so.  More time for listening and watching movies, riding the motorcycle, etc.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 06/22/09 at 03:32:40

BBQs are so much fun. Raw meat, alcohol and a blazing fire. What could possibly go wrong? Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print