09/20/14 at 04:55:55

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 ... 400
Send Topic Print
What's spinning? (Read 361680 times)
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: What's spinning?
Reply #4920 - 05/14/14 at 21:55:51

Lon,  you are right...you had told me the secret, if I' had only paid attention.  Anyway,  the second speaker was a piece of cake.  I just wheeled it into my listening cave and tipped it flat on the dolly, cut the bottom open and managed to cut the tape without tearing the bottom of the box too much righted it and it slid right out.  

They are obviously not near as efficient as the Zu Audio "Souls", I previously had the Torii MK IV turned up to the half way mark which gave me plenty of play with the CSP3...just had to turn it up all the way then back a bit to get the same effect.   Right out of the box with no break in these sound much much better than the "Souls" did after three four weeks of break in...when I first got the "Souls" they sounded horrid. The HR-1s won't be moving for at least a few months.  I know from my conversations with the seller of my Omegas, that they haven't been broken in much.  So I plan on keeping them in my bedroom with a Solid State Amp pounding them with Led Zeppelin for a few weeks until I move them to the Den.

This is the first LP played with the HR-1's...a Historic Event...Love at First Listen.  Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #4921 - 05/14/14 at 22:09:55

That's a great Sphere record.

So glad that you have them set up and enjoy them right away! I tell you they get better and better the first 1000 hours or so. I couldn't believe how much better my first pair sounded after a few months of play, and then again after a few more, and then again, it took about a year before I felt they stopped changing and/or I had set the system up just right and positioned them just right to be all they can be. Same for the second pair, and they sound even better. So. . . lots of great things ahead.

Had to laugh at the speakers being pounded by Zeppelin!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4922 - 05/14/14 at 22:18:07

Yep,  Pounded is the right term.  For weeks and weeks during the day I played Led Zep with the "Souls" at levels I would never listen.  I had two doors closed between the room and me and I could still hear it.  When I'd go out for the mail I could hear it quite well from the street.  I beat those suckers into submission...now they're pretty nice speakers.  No beating will be needed with the HR-1s just normal listening levels right off the bat.  Unfortunately I have to leave now...after a Sonny Rollins tune or two from the "Bridge".  Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #4923 - 05/14/14 at 23:02:09

Well, hurry back, your HR-1s are there. Smiley

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4924 - 05/15/14 at 05:14:58

New band released this album on Tuesday: Sylvan Esso.

It's a Folk singer from Mountain Man, and an Electronic Music artist.

The album is very interesting, very electronic, well produced, and at times reminds me of Aphex Twin and Moby's album Play.

http://youtu.be/Qr5AIKRPIHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mh2RctlGxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4183ZU73-B8

« Last Edit: 05/15/14 at 05:16:18 by Lonely Raven »  
WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #4925 - 05/15/14 at 08:11:05

@ LR, pretty cool, you can also tell it was produced well.

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Seasoned Member

Reply #4926 - 05/15/14 at 08:45:19

I have found a treasure of older Elton John records. I have to think a kind of redkneck trying to please his babe, but she did want to be satiated with music, whatever!!

The fact is I found a garage sale bounty of "chick music"  loaded with Soft rock in excellent condition.

Now, when this music was current, I was not so much a fan, but these days, I am exploring more than I did in my youth. Some of this music has affected me in som many ways and to have them all on LP is amazing,

It took me four trip to the car to load it all up.

Right now I am listening to a well cleaned new find of "Taking It To The Streets,"  from the Doobies.

Seriously, I bought over three hundred albums for twenty bucks.

So, I will pop in here a bit more more and more over the coming months with what I have found in this abandoned collection.

I might have considered six hundred but twenty sounded good.

This is the TIME OF YEAR to hit garage sales, if you have the time.
Being retired is AOK!

« Last Edit: 05/15/14 at 08:46:55 by DirtDawg »  
WWW DirtDawg DirtDawg NO! NO!   IP Logged
DirtDawg
Seasoned Member

Reply #4927 - 05/15/14 at 08:49:02

Next up is ELP.

The original first LP.

Yeah, May be a bit early in the morn for such, but I am keeping it listenable.

WWW DirtDawg DirtDawg NO! NO!   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #4928 - 05/15/14 at 11:22:24

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4929 - 05/15/14 at 12:29:31

great score DirtDawg.

JD

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4930 - 05/15/14 at 15:39:20

I listened to this LP last night as well as the rest of  Sonny Rollin's "The Bridge" LP.  I have this Art Pepper Music on a 4 CD set, the original one CD release and now the Vinyl from Dusty Groove.  Mark.

PS...my 30 LP and 4 CD latest  Dusty Groove order arrived a couple days ago and was opened today.  I am way behind on listening to my new buys...I need to slow down.

« Last Edit: 05/15/14 at 15:46:04 by mark58 »  
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4931 - 05/15/14 at 19:08:00

OK, I couldn't resist,  I've moved into to the Listening Cave and have begun spinning LPs.  I played side two of "Blues For The Fisherman" then on to this LP purchased from Dusty Groove.  I have this LP from when it was released in 1978 but have no idea where it is.  Either shortly before or after this album's release I was home from college for the Holidays and packed several friends into my Fiat 128 and drove to a small Club in Buffalo, New York to see the Pat Metheny Group.  The first show was sold out but we got tickets for the second and returned later.  We sat at a table right in front of the Band drinking pitchers of beer...it was amazing.  One friend loves to tell of how I nearly ran down the Group as they crossed the street because I was distracted by some Babes near by.  Mark.

« Last Edit: 05/15/14 at 19:09:33 by mark58 »  
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4932 - 05/15/14 at 19:48:08

A sealed reissue of this.  It's not exactly flat but not bad enough to affect play.  Another from Dusty Groove.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4933 - 05/15/14 at 20:28:50

Next, a Live Stan Getz recording from 1981 on the Concord label...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4934 - 05/15/14 at 21:47:43

This LP next...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 ... 400
Send Topic Print