IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: What's spinning?
Reply #3301 - 12/13/13 at 06:48:45

Quote:
marky said,
The mighty Joy Division

Mighty indeed!  Still sounds fresh and amazing - one of my favs.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3302 - 12/13/13 at 14:43:02

I was trying out something new last night so I didn't post any of my listening. I gave this a (virtual) spin in a 24/96 HDTracks format. Another one I've not listened to in years (I had a friend that burnt me out on Stevie and Fleetwood in the '80s). The first couple songs made me skip forward, then the album really comes alive - what a great album, especially if you know the background as to what was going on with them during the recording.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #3303 - 12/13/13 at 15:00:31

UGH. I hate that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. There I said it. Floyd, Mac, and so many more pop/rock bands . . . all these were played to death around me in the 'seventies and my minimal interest in the music just went away never to return.

Right now, Haydn Symphonies from this box. The middle and late are really good works, and the sound on this set (especially the horns) is really nice.

Though. . .if I were to write a novel of my current life I might title it "Haydn puts My Dad to Sleep."

« Last Edit: 12/13/13 at 15:01:12 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
marky
Seasoned Member

Reply #3304 - 12/13/13 at 18:41:57

some light listening

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, CSP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DSC i/c`s, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s. Roksan Radius/Nima/high def cabl & M.Benz LP s , Rega P3,RB300 (silver Litz), Rega wall mount, DV 20XL, Nakamichi LX5, M/L aeon i`s, Townshend Isolda sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains sub
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #3305 - 12/13/13 at 20:35:32

Sounds pretty damned good.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
marky
Seasoned Member

Reply #3306 - 12/13/13 at 20:48:20

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, CSP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DSC i/c`s, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s. Roksan Radius/Nima/high def cabl & M.Benz LP s , Rega P3,RB300 (silver Litz), Rega wall mount, DV 20XL, Nakamichi LX5, M/L aeon i`s, Townshend Isolda sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains sub
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #3307 - 12/13/13 at 21:15:33

The Org Music SACD

IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #3308 - 12/13/13 at 23:41:32

« Last Edit: 12/13/13 at 23:56:40 by Digger »  
  IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #3309 - 12/13/13 at 23:59:07

Chick Corea and Return to Forever...sorry, no cover art to paste, but the music is awesome!

IP Logged
marky
Seasoned Member

Reply #3310 - 12/14/13 at 00:12:27

Played this one earlier..grabs you !

« Last Edit: 12/14/13 at 00:13:31 by marky »  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #3311 - 12/14/13 at 00:19:11

More of the Haydn symphonies.I'm in one of those sit-com moments that seem to pepper my life. Both my HR-1s that I waited over sic months for and my parents' new couch that I ordered two months ago are to be delivered today. I sat all afternoon at my place hoping that the speakers would be delivered. The couch was to be delivered here at my parents' at 6. Well no, the speakers didn't come, so I had to come over here. Now the couch is not hear eyt, over an hour after delivery time and I just got a notivication that my speakers were delivered, They had to be just left outside in front of my door. I can't go and pull them in the apt. until the couch arrives.

I've looked for the humor in the situation and there's plenty.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #3312 - 12/14/13 at 00:57:47

Okay, the trucker called me to say he wouldn't be here til 8:30 so I got on my cycle and luckily didn't slip and slide too much on the way back to my place, pulled the speakers in from the little mound of snow the boxes were lying in and zipped back to my parents.

Hopefully the couch will be here and I may be able to get the boxes open and speakers out tonight. . . and not have to wait til whenever my brother comes over to give me a break tomorrow afternooon. IF he comes overf. . . .

IP Logged
Digger
Seasoned Member

Reply #3313 - 12/14/13 at 01:53:16

Lon,
     Hang in there sounds like your having a stressful day with some excitement lurking when you finally are able to get back to your speakers. Hope you have some time to enjoy the speakers tonight.

Wink

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #3314 - 12/14/13 at 03:05:56

Hey Dig, just got back but I'm bone tired and knowing how well these speakers are packed I'll just wait until i have time tomorrow.

The truck arrived about 8:45. . . really nice driver. . . he had had a breakdown in Indiana in even colder weather. . .didn't have the heart to ask him to help me move out the old couch so when he left I did it myself. Luckily, didn't hurt myself. Put the living room back together and my parents are very happy. This is an Xmas present I got for them and that my siblings decided to chip in on as well. A This End Up sofa, they have had one downstairs for 20 years and they are excellent. The upstairs couch looked like a long bow, my parents each sat on one end and each end was squashed down.

I feel good, finally got that done, have speakers to open and set up tomorrow. Time to sip a little Jim Beam Black (rare for me but every now and then I like to sip a little bourbon) and listen to this one before I go to bed. . ..

Yeah Digger, it's a little rough for me here but I'm still riding the Fat Bob whenever I can. .  it's only been parked five days so far this year. I did even worse winters for years in the 'seventies out in Geauga County, man did it snow there! I'm lucky, I have a 3/4 mile walk between my place and my parents' . . . I can handle ANYTHING for that length Smiley I"m tough.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 ... 430
Send Topic Print