10/30/14 at 18:06:51

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 415
Send Topic Print
What's spinning? (Read 394846 times)
JohnWatson
Verified Member

Re: What's spinning?
Reply #2325 - 02/20/13 at 13:13:38

One of my favorite Fleetwood Mac albums. Hdrider....A pint of...?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #2326 - 02/20/13 at 13:40:20

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #2327 - 02/20/13 at 23:41:02

Record 1

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #2328 - 02/21/13 at 01:25:36

Wow. "Give, Get, Take and Have" by Curtis Mayfield. . . I missed this lp when it was out. (I'm listening to the cd it shares with another Curtis Mayfield lp). It's amazing. Sounds to me as if Prince might have studied this one over and over.

Just a great bunch of groovy arrangements and performances.

« Last Edit: 02/21/13 at 01:27:25 by Lon »  

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2329 - 02/21/13 at 06:29:30

Ok, so not exactly a music disc, but a disc "about" music Smiley

Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison?

And the legend IS STILL GOING!  Lots of fun really!

I remember being really fascinated by this story when I was a kid, and this film goes into EXTENSIVE detail about every clue you have heard of and then some!

« Last Edit: 02/21/13 at 06:30:52 by beowulf »  
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #2330 - 02/21/13 at 13:00:47

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #2331 - 02/21/13 at 13:45:32

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2332 - 02/21/13 at 14:39:24

This is released tomorrow, though individual SACDs are already available:

Note the description of some of the engineering & remastering:
Quote:
The surround sound program on the Doors SACDs comes from the original 96K, 24-bit files mixed and mastered by Bruce Botnick for the DVD Audio Doors/Perception release. Those mixes were made from the original one-inch, eight track, 15 i.p.s. analog master tapes. For the SACDs, the mixes were then up-sampled without filters to DSD using the Weiss Saracon format converter and authored by Gus Skinas at the Super Audio Center.
A truly authentic reissue project, the masters were recorded on tube equipment, and the tape machine used for the transfer of these releases is a tube machine, as is the cutting system. Tubes baby!

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #2333 - 02/21/13 at 15:18:03

Tubes baby! I think that's Analog Productions mantra.

I'm not big enough of a Doors fan to go for this, too rich for my blood! And the multi-channel is wasted on me.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2334 - 02/21/13 at 18:01:12

Lon quipped:
Quote:
Tubes baby! I think that's Analog Productions mantra.

I'm not big enough of a Doors fan to go for this, too rich for my blood! And the multi-channel is wasted on me.

I think those tubes make a difference. I understand on the multi-channel; you're either in that game or not, and obviously, I am in it. FWIW, I am not ordering the box set, just 2-3 individual discs. The pricing on the numbered box set is silly.

However, I did buy the limited edition, numbered box set for Creedence, and the AP discs in stereo are just night and day different from any other Creedence media, including the pretty good K2 discs.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #2335 - 02/21/13 at 20:17:44

Oh I'm sure they sound great. I'm not much of a CCR guy either, so the K2s are good enough for me (haven't spun one in years).

Right now

Been too long since I played some Lateef. I think I may have to start buying the Impulse lps.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #2336 - 02/22/13 at 00:54:59

Sorry for the big picture. This 'seventies two lp reissue doesn't feature the best mastering by any means, but the music is great and the sound does really swing hard.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2337 - 02/22/13 at 06:48:41

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #2338 - 02/22/13 at 15:21:00

A little flashbackin' to the 80s. I saw these guys in a club in Northeast Ohio that could not have held more than 200 people, right before this album hit:

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #2339 - 02/22/13 at 15:42:42

A pretty interesting lp that has amazing sound, not audiophile but still some fascinating berimbau and other percussion.

Produced by Herbie Hancock. I love Airto Moreira, when I first heard him on Miles Davis albums in the early 'seventies I knew I'd buy almost anything he appeared on. His own releases are something even further else!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 415
Send Topic Print