Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/20/14 at 14:19:18

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
D.I.Y. acoustic project series in detail. (Read 13651 times)
Azul Shiva

Visit
www.ambiophonics.org
for a better sound!

Re: D.I.Y. acoustic project series in detail.
Reply #15 - 03/16/10 at 07:37:27

Anyway, everyone looking for diffusors should (and I think Paul would agree with this) take a look at www.ambiophonics.org (Modified now):A (better) way of setting up speakers, where you dont need any diffusors at all.

Regards,
Wolfgang

« Last Edit: 03/17/10 at 07:43:52 by Azul Shiva »  

Visit www.ambiophonics.org for a better sound!
  IP Logged
mike_gagne

Reply #16 - 03/17/10 at 06:26:09

Azul, you might want to check that link. Its a math and tutoring website.

IP Logged
Azul Shiva

Visit
www.ambiophonics.org
for a better sound!

Reply #17 - 03/17/10 at 07:39:52

Im sorry guys. The Links:

www.ambiophonics.org

I always mess that up... Thanks for pointing out!

If you want a quicker and easier to understand summary go read the 2 pages about Ambiophonics at --- which I can recommend even more.

http://www.audiophilerecordingstrust.org.uk/section1.html

I did this Ambio stuff at home, and I will never go back to traditional stereo anymore.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang

« Last Edit: 03/17/10 at 07:42:30 by Azul Shiva »  

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #18 - 03/17/10 at 16:38:59

I've been trying for 20 years to get people to put simple room treatments on the walls to no avail.  What makes you think anyone is going to build a wall down the center of their room?  No matter how great it sounds, people just won't try it.

WWW   IP Logged
DirtDawg
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 03/18/10 at 02:29:49

You have not missed everyone, Steve.

The difficult thing with room treatments is making them look like something that a typical "significant OTHER"  would tolerate having around.

I am lucky in that my wife allows a certain degree of freedom for my indulgences. There are limits to even her patience, however. The bass traps had to go when we moved, after having kids.

An entire wall down the middle borders on the absurd, though.

« Last Edit: 03/18/10 at 02:30:45 by DirtDawg »  
WWW DirtDawg DirtDawg NO! NO!   IP Logged
Azul Shiva

Visit
www.ambiophonics.org
for a better sound!

Reply #20 - 03/18/10 at 13:37:11

[quote]"I've been trying for 20 years to get people to put simple room treatments on the walls to no avail.  What makes you think anyone is going to build a wall down the center of their room?  No matter how great it sounds, people just won't try it. " [quote]

Who cares about those kinds of people? It's your business of course, but that means that the sound is not so important to them, for them to turn their whole house and life around. These people will never give a fortune for their music, and I'd suggest anyone with a wife and kids to go on a forum like hifi-forum.de and not decware.com.
Maybe the TacT processor will do for them. No wall, speakers centered, that would do it.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang

IP Logged
Dynobot
Verified Member

Reply #21 - 07/26/11 at 03:27:18

Great information here...I've done a little bit of treatments but this thread inspires me to go back and re-address some weaknesses.

https://sites.google.com/site/computeraudioorg/

IP Logged
judy
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 11/01/12 at 09:30:49

If you read the information provided in the links above, this serves solely as a recap to those papers. If you did not read the above information, then this will attempt to reiterate the main points, which explain the properties of diffusion along with its limitations.
?

IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 12/01/12 at 23:36:00

As a proponent and recorder of binaural recordings-- that is, recorded with two [omni-directional] microphones installed on a 'dummy head'-- this is an interesting thread...

Of course, during playback in a home stereo system, the crosstalk you encounter defies the original intent... I suppose ambiophonics is designed to address this; however, I'm left wondering about the practicality of all this... One perfect set up would entail two listening rooms, with your head in between somehow... But where does it end?...

During the original recording process, there is always convolution of the "left and right" signals reaching the microphones... But the instruments are all coming from a point source, right?... It's all the garbled stuff that the original venue adds that gives the recording a personality, right?... Just like the upper partials and odd harmonics give a specific instrument its own personality... ???... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print